Thursday, March 1, 2012

Chicken & Biscuits Casserole


Oh my, this is good! Who doesn't like comfort food? I mean, come on. Creamy chicken filling...comfort. Biscuits...comfort. Cheddar cheesy goodness...COMFORT!!! The thing that made this so good was the way the biscuit just perfectly complimented the creamy deliciousness of the chicken filling. These were perfect on a dreary, rainy day. The only thing that could have made today any worse was if it was cold. But since it was 80 degrees here today...Here's the recipe:

CHICKEN & BISCUITS CASSEROLE
adapted from Emily Bites
Servings: 4
Points+: 8


1 can 98% FF cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup fat free sour cream, divided
2 cups cooked chopped chicken
1 pkg (16oz.) frozen mixed vegetables
1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup Bisquick Heart Smart baking mix
1/4 c. + 3 T skim milk
1/2 t. garlic powder

Preheat oven to 375.

Combine the can of soup and 1/2 cup sour cream in 2 qt. baking dish. Add chopped chicken, vegetables, 1/4 c. milk, garlic powder and cheese and mix until well combined.

Mix Bisquick, remaining 1/4 cup sour cream and milk in a medium bowl and stir until dough becomes stiff.

Drop 6 even mounds of biscuit dough over top of the chicken mixture. Bake for 35 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.


I'm very excited about all of these new recipes that I've been trying. I'm excited about them, not only because I get to share them with you, but also because I'm able to give my family some fresh and new meal ideas. Many times, when I'm following WW pretty strictly, I tend to make the same things for dinner, night after night. I'm sure my family gets tired of them, but wouldn't tell me because they want to keep supporting my weight loss efforts. So I'm happy I'm able to change things up a little bit for them so they don't get tired that, once again, Mommy is trying to lose weight.


I hope to try some new dessert ideas over the weekend. We're going to the circus on Saturday, but I'm sure I can squeeze some baking in somewhere. My family is definitely supportive of that!

So long for today...

2 comments:

  1. Just stumbled upon your chicken and biscuit recipie. Im excited to make this tonight! Looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also did too!! I added two cans of cream of chicken. Maybe mine were smaller it's in the oven now!

    ReplyDelete