Friday, March 2, 2012

Chocolate Cool Whip Cookies


Do they have a cure for spring fever? I might need to Google it to find out. Today was another abnormally warm day in South Carolina. The sun was shining bright all day. It's a really good thing that today was my Friday off, because I'm not sure I would have been able to get much work done today, especially because I know the weather is supposed to go downhill tomorrow...FAST! So I'm glad I was able to enjoy it while I could.

After my migraine last night, I was glad that it had dulled down this morning. I thought that maybe an easy run and some fresh air might help, too. So after I was sure I was awake this morning, I headed out for a run. Well, it didn't take me long to realize that this was not the best idea. My head started pounding again. Luckily, my papparazzi of TC and Addison were beside me on the golf cart and I was able to hitch a ride back to the house. I came home, ate some breakfast, popped a Relpax, took a shower and headed down to see Jimmy for a touch up and trim. I'm happy to report that the only remnant of my migraine is some tension at the base of my neck. Biggest Loser Yoga helped a little bit with that and I think a good night's sleep will help even more.


On our way home today, we did stop at our local fresh meat market to replenish our supply of hamburgers. Usually, I like to get a couple of fresh steaks to grill for dinner when I go here, too. So I got a couple for us and my parents and we had them down for dinner tonight. I even tried a variation of my Cool Whip Cookie recipe using chocolate cake mix. They were DEEE-licious! Here's the recipe:

CHOCOLATE COOL WHIP COOKIES
Servings: 40 - 50
Points+: 1 (per cookie)


1 box milk chocolate cake mix
1 16-oz. container FF Cool Whip
2 eggs
1/2 c. powdered sugar

Combine cake mix, Cool Whip and eggs in bowl and mix until well combined. Batter will be very sticky. Place in refrigerator and chill for at least one hour. You can leave in refrigerator overnight if you want to make the batter ahead of time.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls into powdered sugar and roll to coat. Place on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 14 minutes. After removing from oven, allow to cool for a couple of minutes before removing from cookie sheet.


These were so good! They tasted just like a brownie. But they were so much better because I know they were only one point per cookie. How great is that?

Ok, off to bed to sleep of the tension in my neck. Tomorrow, we're taking Addison to the circus, then I think it's dinner at my sister's house.

So long for today...

2 comments:

  1. How many calories?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using myfitness pal, they have 49 - 61 calories per cookie, depending on how big you make your cookies.

    ReplyDelete