Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Irish Cream Brownies


Happy Tuesday everyone! I hope you're having a great week! It's a cool, rainy day in my neighborhood, but it's supposed to clear up by afternoon. I'm still working on the house trying to get everything taken care of. It's amazing how something that shouldn't take long, ends up being so much more involved than what you thought. It may be taking a while, but it's looking so nice when I'm done! LOL!

Ok, so I'm a little late in posting this recipe. But I wanted to go ahead and share it with you all before it got buried in the archives and forgotten about. I made these the week before St. Patrick's Day. I actually took them to an after hours work function to share with everyone. I like to share my goodies with my co-workers, but I didn't think these would be the best idea to bring into the office. Yes, the alcohol in them is minimal, but I didn't want to raise any eyebrows at the office right now.

These are really easy to make and have so much potential for variations.I needed to add a little bit of the extra sweetness on top to help to jazz them up a little bit. They're a little festive spin on the standard brownie that I think you'll really enjoy. Here's the recipe:


IRISH CREAM BROWNIES
adapted from Plain Chicken
Servings: 18
Points+: 6

Brownies:
Brownie Mix, eggs, oil
Irish Cream liqueur

Frosting:
1/4 c. butter, softened
1 c. powdered sugar
1-2 T. Irish Cream liqueur
1/4 t. vanilla
1-2 T. milk

Prepare brownies in a 9x9 pan according to package directions, substituting Irish Cream for the water. Allow brownies to cool completely.

Beat 1/4 cup butter in small bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in all remaining frosting ingredients, adding enough milk for desired spreading consistency. Pipe onto cooled brownies. I also sprinkled mine with some green sugar :-) Enjoy!


I hope you all have a great week. I will try to get another post in for you all.

So long for today...

 photo BlogSignature_zps1655d88b.jpg
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment