Thursday, March 21, 2013

Chicken Parmesan Casserole



Mother Nature has been teasing me. I'm not very happy with her right now. It's almost April and it still feels like Winter here. I moved to South Carolina for warm weather!! Not cold. Yes, I do realize that it could be a lot worse, but it could also be a lot better. We had a beautiful weekend, and then the cold front rolled back into town. The next 10 days still aren't looking much better. We are going to the circus on Friday and I might just hibernate the rest of the weekend. I still have plenty to do to get ready for the baby, so maybe that's what I'll work on this weekend. We'll see.

I'm so glad to be bringing you a new recipe today. This is a recipe that I've seen on Pinterest a lot, but wasn't happy with their instructions or the ingredients, so I decided to figure out my own for mula for ingredients and instructions. Feel free to play around with this and add or change ingredients until you're happy with it...but I hope you'll like it the way it is!! This was so good. Even Addison ate it right up! It's really easy, too. I actually made it the night before and then put it in the refrigerator. I covered it and baked at a bit of a higher temperature for a while then uncovered it so the top could get nice and brown. So, so good! Here's the recipe:

CHICKEN PARMESAN CASSEROLE
Servings: 6
Points+: 10



1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips or cubes
2 c. uncooked pasta
1 jar light spaghetti sauce
2 c. 2% milk shredded mozzarella cheese
italian seasoning

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Sprinkle Italian seasoning over chicken. Bake about 12 - 15 minutes or until cooked through. (You can also skip this step and cook the casserole for a little bit longer.) When chicken is done, lower oven temperature to 350 degrees.

Cook pasta until just al dente and drain.

Spray 2 qt. casserole dish with cooking spray. Spread a little bit of sauce (about 1/3 c.) in bottom of baking dish. Place chicken on top of sauce. Sprinkle with about 1/3 c. of cheese. Pour pasta over top of chicken. Pour remaining sauce over pasta and stir just a bit to cover all pasta with the sauce. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top of pasta and sauce.

Cover and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Uncover and bake for additional 10 minutes, or until top is golden brown. Enjoy!



EXERCISE:
Last night I did some strength work on my own. I made sure that I had gotten in my 8,000 steps for the day and then I did some leg work and arm work. We had done walks for the last two evenings and TC even wanted to do another one last night. But for some reason, I wasn't feeling it. It might be because it was a little cooler, I'm not sure. But I still got in some exercise. It wasn't a lot, but it was better than nothing!!

So long for today...



No comments:

Post a Comment