Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Parmesan Roasted Green Beans




Hi friends! I hope you are all having a great week. I am soaking up every moment that I can of being at home with Camden. Somedays, we spend the entire day snuggling, but I am going to take advantage while I can. Maternity leave doesn't last forever, and I am definitely enjoying being home with the little one. I wish it never had to end!! But until it does, you know where I'll be :-)

So let's talk food, shall we? Sometimes, I get tired of having the same old sides when making dinner. I try to find new ideas, but a lot of times, most of the side dishes that I find end of being smothered or covered in some kind of cheesy or buttery sauce. When I saw a recipe for oven roasted green beans, I knew that I had to try it


The original recipe called for garlic powder. I'm sure that would make these even better, but since I am nursing, I am trying to cut down on adding a lot of pungent glaciers to my meals these days.  One thing that I love about this dish is that it calls for olive oil, so it helps me to get one of my daily servings of healthy oils in!

Parmesan Roasted Green Beans
Adapted from Skinnytaste
Servings: 4
Points+: 2


12 oz green beans, trimmed (make sure they are dry)
2 tsp olive oil
salt & pepper to taste
1 1/2 T. reduced fat Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum for easy clean-up.

In medium bowl, combine green beans, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss until beans are evenly coated. Spread beans out in even layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, stir beans and spread out on baking sheet again. Return to oven and bake for additional 5 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle Parmesan cheese evenly over the top. Enjoy!!





Exercise:
I'm only a little over three weeks post-partum so no formal workouts for me yet. We did go for a three mile walk the other day. It definitely wasn't the fastest pace, but at least it burned some calories! I am looking forward to being able to get some good workouts in, but I will listen to my dr and take it easy until 6 weeks.

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment