Monday, August 26, 2013

Fitness Friday...or Monday!

Sorry this is a little late. I wrote it up and was going to post it, but then I ended up under the weather Friday afternoon. But it's better late than never, right?

Once again, another week has gone by without another post. Seriously, I will get better about this. I started back to work this week, so I think I deserve a little bit of leeway here.

So like I said, it was back to work for me this week. I'm not going to lie. The first day was absolutely horrible. I have no idea how many tears I shed. It's so hard for a new mama to head back to work. Of course, the fact that I didn't sleep well the night before might have had something to do with it, too! The second day was much better. The third day, eh...you know.

Luckily for my exercise, my first couple of days were half days, so I had a little bit of extra time to play with and get in some activity. Wednesday is normally a run day for me, but since it has been sweltering hot in the afternoons here, there was no way I was going to run! So instead, we went for a 3 mile walk as a family. I only burned half as many calories as a run would have, but I still got my 10,000+ steps in for the day. I'm hoping that I will find some time to squeeze in some exercise on most days after I start back to my full time schedule next week, but I'm thinking it's going to take some definite tweaking. Tune in next week to see how I do.

So here is what I did for exercise this week:

Saturday: 3 mile run - best time since I got pregnant!!

Sunday: Yoga Meltdown - Level 1 + 2 mile walk

Monday: 3 mile walk - even beat Saturday's time!

Tuesday: Ripped in 30 - Level 1

Wednesday: 3 mile family walk

Thursday: Ripped in 30 - Level 2

Friday: Rest!


I was having flu-like symptoms Friday afternoon so I didn't even get in a 3 mile walk like I had wanted to. But the rest was what I needed. I ended up having mastitis, not the flu. Which, as horrible as mastitis is, I'm so glad it wasn't the flu!!

Also, please notice that I bumped up to Level 2 of Ripped in 30. My sore muscles have been reminding me of that all day, too! But I love to feel a workout the next day!

I hope you all had a great weekend and have a great week, too. I will try to do another post before next Friday, but please don't be mad if it accidently doesn't make it up :-P

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment