Sunday, May 12, 2013

37 Weeks



Happy Mother's Day! I am officially 37 weeks pregnant today. That means that even though I'm not due for another 3 weeks, I am officially considered full term! This guy can come any time he wants to now and they won't stop labor! To me, this is the most exciting time of pregnancy. It's all about the anticipation of the unknown. When will labor start? How will it start? Where will I be and what will I be doing?

I have to admit though, I am ready for this guy to make his debut. I'm uncomfortable most of the time these days and I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore. My mom gives me a hard time about it and tells me I should enjoy this time, but my enjoyment of pregnancy is over. Everything has just become such an effort these days and I'm ready for my body to be my own...well for the most part since I am planning on nursing the little guy.

I think we have everything ready for him...FINALLY! My sister was nice enough to throw me a surprise Dress the baby Shower. Although, it's hard to pull one over on me and I ended up finding out about it ahead of time. We all had a great time and we got so many adorable things! So now, the only thing we can do is wait. I just hope it's not for too long!



How far along: 37 weeks

Percentage Complete: 92.5%

Baby is as Big as: The size of a a stalk of swiss chard or a winter melon...between 6 1/3 and 6 1/2 pounds and between 19 - 22 inches long.

Maternity Clothes: Most of the time, althought the shirt I'm wearing in these pictures isn't maternity!

Sleep: What's that? I wake up about every 2 hours to pee and if not to pee to switch sides because my back hurts or my arm has gone numb. Fun times!

Best Moment This/Last Month: We started weekly appointments and I also had another ultrasound. He's a little chubster!

Movement: He moves CONSTANTLY and gets the hiccups a few times a day and usually at night, too.

Food Cravings: I'm not craving anything really, but vegetables aren't at the top of my favorites list these days.

Gender: Boy oh boy!

Wedding ring on/off: Still on. - most of the time. My hands are usually swollen first thing in the morning, but the swelling eases off throughout the day.

What I am looking forward to: The end is in sight! I'm looking forward to meeting our little guy soon!

Days until my next appointment: 4 days - Thursday this week.



I hope you all had a great weekend and can make it through the work week ahead!!

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment