Sunday, December 28, 2014

Weekly Food Plan & Fitness Recap {12/28}

Hey everyone! Did you survive Christmas? We are smack-dab in the middle of the Christmas/ New Years holiday. Hope you didn't overdo it too much with the Christmas goodies and saved some room for the New Year's treats. I hope you're all having a joyful holiday season. We had a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and of course, have been busy, but we have had some downtime here and there. My eating has been all over the place just like my exercise, but I'm hoping to keep things in check for the most part from here on out. We are celebrating with TC's family later today and I'm bringing some fruit to share. Tomorrow, we are getting together at my sister's house to watch the Clemson bowl game and I am planning to take a veggie platter. I know there will be tons of food at both places, so I'm trying to balance it all with some healthier items.

Here's what I have planned for this coming week: 


Food:
Sunday - Christmas celebration with TC's family (bringing fruit)
Monday - Clemson game party (bringing a veggie platter)
Tuesday - Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice
Wednesday - New Year's Eve celebration
Thursday - Pork and Sauerkraut
Friday - Chicken Cordon Blue
Saturday - Baked Ham

Fitness:
The beginning of the week was pretty lazy for me.  Actually didn't get any exercise in until Friday afternoon. I got a 3 mile run in and also a 3.21 mile run in on Sunday. It was the first time that I had run in a few months and I was pretty sore yesterday, but I made myself go for another run and I was even more sore after that! Ha! I'm still sore today, but I'm thinking about sneaking in naive other run before we head to my inlaws' house. We will have to see. I am trying to figure out what my new route will be at the new house. There is a beautiful loop just down the road, but I have to go out onto the main road to get to it, so we will see. Here are some pics I took in my run today.
I made some new friends along the way too!
So pretty!

I hope you all have a great week.  I have a few days of work ahead of me, but then I get a long weekend.

So long for today...

 photo BlogSignature_zps1655d88b.jpg Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. We're having a great holiday week, too! And we also do pork and sauerkraut on New Years Day every year. :) Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our holiday season has certainly been joyful! I'm not ready for it to end. I need to plan a NYE menu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! Looks like a great week, I recently got back into running also and it has been fantastic! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a great week! Nice job getting back to running!

    ReplyDelete