Thursday, December 11, 2014

Thinking Out Loud {12/11}

Happy Thursday everyone! I have been trying to find some new blogs to follow lately and I have come across a link-up called Thinking Out Loud. I guess it's similar to the Friday Five, but I thought I would join in this week for the link-up. I find myself with random thoughts that I would love to share but not necessarily devote an entire post to the one thought, so I think this is the perfect way to do it.


1. I am still so into Christmas. I started wrapping presents last Friday and I just wrapped a bunch more last night. My children are extremely spoiled...but I wouldn't have it anyway. I went way overboard on presents this year. The good news is that I already have Addison's Easter basket done and one or two birthday gifts, too!

2. I got my haircut last week and I love it! I'm still trying to get my hair back to its natural color, so she put some lowlights back into it and she gave me a really cute cut, too. I thought about posting a picture, but I'm not a huge fan of posting selfies on myself unless one of my kids or other family members is in the picture with me. I diddn't go too short since I am in a wedding in May and I want to be able to pull it back. Who knows what will happen after the wedding though.

3. Does it seem like bloggers are having a ton of sponsored posts these days? I'm all for having the occasional one, but it seems like they're doing it all the time now. There is one blogger in a particular that I follow and really like, but she has been having 2 or 3 sponsored posts a week. Is it just me?

4. I've decided not to send Christmas cards this year. I really enjoy sending them, but I'm blaming this all on here new house. Not only are we still paying the mortgage on there other house, we are just plain busy trying to unpack and organize the new house. I just don't want to spend the extra time or money on Christmas cards and postage this year. I am planning to take some cute pictures and make man electronic card to post on FB and send via email, so hopefully that will do for this year.

5. We had our Christmas party at work this week and I'm pretty proud of myself for the self control that I had. For an event like that, intend to completely overindulge, but I did pretty well. I still enjoyed myself, but not to I much. Moderation, right?

6. I'm pretty excited that I got a workout in the he other night. Until after the first of the year, my goal is to get 3-4 workouts In each week. I'm not going to have a lot of intensity in my workouts, but enough to work the muscles, break a sweat and burn so me calories.

Thank you so much to Running With Spoons for hosting this link-up.

I hope you all have a great day!

So long for today...

 photo BlogSignature_zps1655d88b.jpg Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I've noticed a lot more sponsored content in the blog world lately as well, and I think some of it has to do with the fact that the holidays are coming up and brands are running more campaigns. And speaking of Christmas... I'm jealous that you got so much of your shopping done! I made a small dent in mine, but there's still a tonne I have to pick up. And only 2 weeks left. Eep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree on the sponsored posts! While I don't particularly like reading them, I understand that professional bloggers make money with sponsored posts, so I guess I understand.

    I did, however, completely stop reading a few blogs because I felt like that was ALL I was reading. :)

    Also, I don't think I have cut my hair in over a year. So gross.

    Have a good almost-weekend!

    ReplyDelete