Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Melting Snowman Oreo Balls

Hi! I hope you're all recovered from last week's feast and that you're all having a great week. So here is a confession on my part, while I was doing my United Way work, I got completely off track with both my exercising and my eating and gained more weight than I care to admit. Yes, I've been back to my regular job for a few weeks now, but I just haven't been able to get back on track. I've been doing really well this week with my eating and I'm hoping that it's the momentum that I need to finally lose this baby weight. I can still call it baby weight even though he's a toddler, right?

Let's talk about willpower, shall we? I made this treat for Addison last night and I think it's so cute that I had to share it with you all. These take a little bit of time to do, so make sure you're not in a hurry when you make them. They turned out really well and I think Addison really liked them, too. I had crazy willpower and didn't even try one! Such an NSV!! Here's the recipe:



Melting Snowman Oreo Balls
Makes: 40 balls
Source: The Girl Who Are Everything

1 pkg. (8 oz.) light cream cheese, softened
36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed
16 oz. vanilla candy wafers, melted
40 Mini OREO Bite Size Cookies
decorations: decorating icing or gel; multi-colored sprinkles

Crush Oreos until they're pretty fine, then add in cream cheese. Mix until well combined. I did all of this in the food processor. 

Shape into 40 (1-inch) balls. I used my cookie scoop so they would be pretty uniform in size. Place in freezer and chill for at least 20 minutes. Dip balls in melted chocolate and place on waxed paper, add mini Oreo hat and allow to cool. Once white chocolate has hardened, decorate face to look like a snowman. 

Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Keep refrigerated.

Exercise:
Exercise has been non-existent with me lately. I'm still wearing my FitBit and have been trying to get at least 10,000 steps in a day. I have been doing really well with that, too, except for yesterday. I'm really hoping to start adding exercise back into the mix next week after TC is home.

So long for today...

 photo BlogSignature_zps1655d88b.jpg

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment