Friday, December 12, 2014

Christmas Tree Ornament Friday Five

Haaaaapy Friday everyone!! We made it to another weekend!! We only have one planned hing over the weekend so far. Addison was invited to a friend's birthday party at Chuck E Cheese Saturday morning. (Ugh!) TC is taking one for the team and taking Addison down since the friend is a daughter of a guy TC works with. In my defense, the party falls during Camden's nap time. So all that excitement + lack of nap = no fun for anyone. So, Camden and I will stay at home and see if we can unpack a couple of boxes. We are also thinking about going out to dinner to finally celebrate TC's birthday, but no definite plans. 

For this Friday Five, I thought I would show you my favorite 5 ornaments on our Christmas tree. I've wanted to do a recap of our tree for you, but I haven't gotten around to it, so I thought this might be fun.

1.
Our First Christmas Together ornament. We actually got this the year after our first Christmas together. It was from the year before though so it worked out :-)

2.
 Of course I love the ornaments I had made for the kids for their first Christmases. I think they're so sweet and love to hang them up every year.

3. 
 My Aunt died the first December after Addison was born. She was a pretty special woman to everyone in our family and we all miss her so much. My mom (her sister) bought us all memorial angel ornaments for Christmas that year. My Aunt loved the holiday season! To help her share it with us, I always put her ornament towards the top of our tree so she has a good view of everything.

4. The same year Addison was born, my aunt and uncle started giving her White House ornaments. My uncle still continues to give them to both kids to this day. The ornaments are so beautiful and the kids love hanging them on the tree every year.

5. While we were at Disney World this past Summer, I thought it would be nice to get the kids each an ornament. Addison chose Ariel and since Camden was so young, I let her choose his ornament as well. She chose Lightning McQueen for him. It was so fun to pull the ornaments out to put on the Christmas tree this year.

We have a lot more ornaments, but I think those are my favorites, at leader this year! We also put red and silver bulbs on the tree, but I think they will go away in the future as we keep adding more meaningful ornaments each year.

So what does your tree look like? Do you have any sentimental ornaments on it?

I hope you all have a great weekend!

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment