Thursday, January 2, 2014

Thoughts for 2014


I know there are so many bloggers out there that are writing posts about their New Year's resolutions or goals for the new year. But I'm not going to do that. I don't like to label my ideas as goals or resolutions for the new year. I do have some things that I would like to start doing during the new year. But at the end of the year, I don't want to check it off of a list as done. With the exception of one item, everything that I add to any type of list is something that I want to continue to do beyond 2014. So, after saying all of that, here are my "thoughts" for 2014 and things that I would like to start.

1. First and foremost, I want to drop these last remaining pregnancy pounds. I really got off track during the holidays, but now that they are over, I really need to get serious. I have gotten out of my exercise routine and I really need to get back to it. So this is the one item that I will be able to check off my list for the year.

2. I want to eliminate the majority of processed foods from my family's diet. This will be a hard one since my husband is a junk food addict and Addison is following in his footsteps. Yes, it is a lot easier to open up a package of something to eat, but at what cost? I know I will not be able to eliminate 100% of the processed foods, but I think 80% non-processed would be pretty good.

3. I want to start running half marathons. I guess this could be another one that could get checked off, but I don't want to run just one half marathon and be done with it. I want to continue with them. I would love to run a marathon some day, but I'm not sure I ever will. It's unrealistic for me to even consider that, especially at this point in my life with two small children, one being under age 1. I don't have the time to train for one, so for now, I am sticking with a half marathon.

4. I have a ton of cookbooks. That's probably not surprising to most of you knowing how much I love to cook. I spend a lot of time reading through these cookbooks, but not nearly enough time actually cooking things out of them. So I would like to start trying more recipes from my cookbooks.

5. Finally, I would like to have a more positive attitude. Too often, I allow negativity to cloud my thoughts. I'm tired of doing that. I want to be a more positive person. My hope is that by doing this, that positivity will rub off on others around me. Can't hurt, right?

I think I will leave it with that. Sure, I want to be better about tracking my food with WW. I want to work harder to reach my 10,000 steps a day goal. I want to exercise more. In general, I can sum it up quickly by saying that I want to live a healthier lifestyle. That isn't vague at all, right? Lol!

I might try to come up with some cooking/baking goals for the year and share them with you later in the month. But we will have to see how that one goes.

I hope you all have a great day and rest of the week! Stay tuned for my progress reports.

So long for today...

5 comments:

  1. I really love your number 5. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! I figure a little extra positive energy never hurt anyone!

      Delete
  2. I think you are starting it all off right with the best attitude! Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jilly! Hopefully, ican follow-through with my "thoughts!" Lol!

      Delete
  3. I think aiming for 80/20 is perfect. I get sucked down the rabbit hole sometimes when it comes to processed foods and all the "dangers" lurking in them. Sure, knowledge is power, but sometimes I feel like I am too strong, haha.

    ReplyDelete