Friday, January 3, 2014

Parmesan Chicken Crescents


Thanks everyone for the great comments you left about yesterday's post. I feel really great about my plans for the year. I'm glad you all had such nice things to say about them. So how are those resolutions coming? I'm going to be honest with you. I didn't do as well yesterday as I would have liked. Granted, I did a lot better than I have the last couple of weeks. But I have this bag of Italian cookies on my counter that my mom made for me. So, so good. She always made them when we were younger, and still does now. They're not crazy bad for me, but my problem is that I can't eat just one...or two. I need to get them off of the counter, so I won't be tempted to eat them as much. We'll see how that works out.

So here we go! Starting off the year with a delicious recipe for you. I made this a while back and never shared it with you all. I'm so sorry that it's taken me this long to share this quick and easy recipe with you all. It's a pretty easy one that has a scrumptious result. TC and Addison both loved this one. It comes together pretty quickly, too. Then, of course, there are the crescent rolls. Don't they always add something that nothing else can? I'm telling you, if you don't already have all the ingredients for this one, pick them up the next time you go to the grocery store. You won't regret it.

PARMESAN CHICKEN CRESCENTS
adapted from Plain Chicken
Servings: 4
Points+: 10

16 oz. chicken breasts, cut into strips
garlic & herb seasoning
1 package reduced fat crescent rolls
2 c. light spaghetti sauce (I used Prego Light Smart)
1 t. garlic powder
1 c. FF shredded mozzarella cheese
reduced fat Parmesan cheese (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place chicken strips on baking sheet and sprinkle with garlic & herb seasoning. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from oven.

Separate crescent rolls into 8 triangles. Pour sauce into a bowl or saucepan. Sprinkle 1/8 c. of mozzarella cheese on top of crescent roll. Dunk chicken strip into spaghetti sauce and place on top of cheese. Roll up crescent and place on cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken strips and crescents. Sprinkle each roll with garlic powder. Bake for 15 - 18 minutes. Remove from oven and top each crescent with Parmesan cheese if using. Bake for additional 5-8 minutes. I served our crescents with spaghetti.

I'm teaming up with the wonderful ladies for another edition of That's Fresh Friday. Head on over to the link-up for some more great ideas!

Prototype Mama

Enjoy!

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment