Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Red Velvet Cookie Cake


Happy Tuesday everyone! Since I had MLK day off yesterday, it's really my Monday, but it definitely helps to know that it's a shorter week for me. I hope you all had a great weekend. Even though mine was longer, I still didn't get everything done that I wanted to. So that means that we're going to have a pretty busy week getting ready to leave on the cruise. My goal is just to get everything done so that I'm not up late Friday night packing everything. That's what I always end up doing and then I'm so rushed and worried that I'm forgetting something. So I'm aiming to not let that happen this time.

I have such a treat for you all today. I'm not sure how you read my blog, but for the blogs that I read, I use Bloglovin'. If you haven't already, I would love it if you would find me and follow my blog on there. I have a couple of different links to get to it, one is even at the end of my posts. Anyway, so the other day, one of the blogs I follow had this Red Velvet Cookie Cake. What part of that doesn't sound delicious?! The pictures made it look so good, too! I knew that I had to try it. So I went out and bought the ingredients I didn't already have and I made it over the weekend. OMG guys! It was so good! And I don't usually use the phrase OMG. So if I am, you know it must be good, right? The literal icing on the cake is buttercream icing. Serisouly, buttercream makes everything better, right?


RED VELVET COOKIE CAKEadapted from Crazy for CrustServings: 16
Points+: 9

For the cookie:
1 box red velvet cake mix
1 stick (1/2 c.) butter, softened
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla extract
1 c. white chocolate chips

For the Frosting:
4 oz. light cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. unsalted butter, softened
2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 t. vanilla extract
1/2 t. milk, optional
Sprinkles


Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9” cake pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.

Beat butter until smooth. To the butter, add the cake mix, eggs, and vanilla. Beat until a dough forms and there are no more lumps. Add the white chocolate chips and mix until they're combined.

Add cookie dough to pan and press in. Bake for 23-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out with just a little bit of red. Cool completely before removing from pan.

To make the frosting: beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add the powdered sugar a little at a time and mix until everything is combined. Add the vanilla and milk.

Pipe frosting around border of cookie. Add sprinkles if you like. But why wouldn't you? Sprinkles make everything better!

 photo BlogSignature_zps1655d88b.jpg



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment