Thursday, May 17, 2012

Chicken Cordon Blue


I've decided to take part in a couple new challenges that I have found out about from some other bloggers. In each challenge, you really just compete against yourself, so it's really what you make of it. My newest challenge is called the Bathroom Squat Challenge. To read all the details, head over to Living, Laughing & Losing. But in short, every time you go to the bathroom, you should also do 20 squats. Since I am trying to increase my water intake, I am finding myself running to the bathroom a lot more. So by doing this, it helps to get a little bit of extra exercise in for my legs. If you're interested but don't think you can do 20, start with just 5 or 10. Anything that gets you moving. Make it your own challenge however you want to!

Dinner tonight was another one of my oldies but goodies. Most recipes have this as having breading on it, but I am trying to save on points, so I didn't include the breadcrumbs. It's still really good without them. I also like to add the honey mustard to it that most other recipes don't include. I love the sweetness that it adds. I prefer to use the Golding Farms honey mustard in the bear-shaped bottle because it is lower in points. But you can use which ever brand you have on hand. Just be sure to adjust the points accordingly. This is one of TC's favorite WW meals that I make. I really should make it more often for him...Here's the recipe:

CHICKEN CORDON BLUE
Servings: 4
Points+: 4


4 4-oz. chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
4 Light Laughing Cow Swiss wedges
8 slices ultra thin sliced deli ham
4 t. honey mustard
Salt & Pepper

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Pound the chicken flat to about 1/4 - 1/2 inch thickness. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Evenly spread one wedge of cheese over each chicken cutlet. Lay 2 pieces of ham over top of cheese. Spread 1 t. honey mustard over ham. Roll the chicken cutlet, starting at the short end and secure with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining chicken cutlets.

Place the chicken seam side down into a cast iron skillet that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.

Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes. Enjoy!

** You can also bread the chicken after rolling it if you want to. In order to save on points, I decided not to. **


EXERCISE
In addition to the 260 squats that I did today in the Bathroom Squat Challenge, I also did Level 2 of Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown. I did my BL Weight Loss Yoga workout last Thursday and by the time Sunday came around, I felt like it had been way too long since I did yoga with Jillian. I was really feeling this in my legs tonight! Those squats are starting to catch up to me!!

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment