Friday, May 4, 2012

Strawberry Yogurt Breakfast Parfait

As a child, I loved Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. Who am I kidding? I still do? But it doesn't scream healthy. Imagine my excitement when I discovered an Organic cereal that tastes just like Cinnamon Toast Crunch! It's by Cascadian Farms and is called, funny enough, Cinnamon Crunch. Have you ever seen this?:
I highly recommend it if you haven't.

I started eating Greek yogurt for breakfast a couple of months ago. But I always like to add more to it to make it a little filling. I add fruit and I always like to have some kind of crunch as well...enter the Cinnamon Crunch cereal.

When I eat this for breakfast, it sticks with me straight through lunch. What is even better is the whole thing is healthy. Plus, it's absolutely delicious! Sometimes, I will make it with blueberries, but we'll save that for another post. Here's the recipe:


STRAWBERRY YOGURT BREAKFAST PARFAIT
Servings: 1
Points+: 4


1/2 c. FF Plain Greek yogurt
1/2 c. Cascadian Farms Cinnamon Crunch Cereal
4 strawberries, sliced
1/2 t. vanilla
1/4 t. cinnamon
2 packets Splenda

Combine all ingredients and mix well.


Ok, so it's not the prettiest thing, but you should still try it. Feel free to change up the cereal or fruit, or you could even use some flavored yogurt if you need to. I'm telling you, this really could be the breakfast of champions!

So long for today...



No comments:

Post a Comment