Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Tater Tot Casserole


Hey guys! Well, I'm back in South Carolina now and headed back to work today. I had a busy but fun last few days. It's always so nice to go home for a visit. I love not only the people, but also the old familiar foods! I had some Eat n Park Strawberry Pie, 9th Street Deli Hamburgers, Bob's Pizza and Meadows Ice Cream. So when I stepped on the scale this morning, I wasn't at all surprised that it was up a couple of pounds. So there goes my maintenance mode. It's back to weight LOSS mode. I guess it's ok though, since I'm more familiar with the loss mode than the maintenance. I've given myself a deadline to lose some weight. Hope I get to tell you all in a bit that I met it!

So this is a casserole that we had last week before we left. As we were eating it, TC and I both made comments about how good it was. What is even better is that it is so simple to throw together! I actually made this one ahead of time and threw it in the oven after we got back from a birthday party. It didn't disappoint. You probably already have the ingredients on hand! I'm thinking there are so many variations I could try. Here's the recipe:

TATER TOT CASSEROLE

Servings: 8
Points+: 12


1 lb. ground turkey
1 (2 lb) bag tater tots
1 can evaporated milk
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 c. cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9 x 13 in. baking dish with cooking spray.

Brown turkey. Drain grease, then place turkey in baking dish. Spread tater tots over turkey.

In medium bowl, combine soups and milk. Mix well and pour over tater tots. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Sprinkle cheese over top and bake for an additional 10 minutes.


EXERCISE
While I was up in PA, I did keep working out. I ran 3 mornings and I also did a circuit training workout that I developed. It wasn't blog-worthy. But I'm hoping to start developing some of my own workouts to share with you. Tonight, it's back to Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 dvd. I'm going to try to go up to Level 3. I'm hoping that my lack of strength training over the last few days won't hurt me too much!

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment