Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Baked Sweet & Sour Chicken


Well, the countdown is on. We will be headed North of the Mason Dixon line in less than 2 days. I still have so much to do before I'm ready to go. I am planning to make a couple of snacks to take on the trip with us, I still have to pack for all of us and I'm planning to raid my parents garden before we head out. My sister and niece came over tonight for dinner and to work on the dance routine. It's getting there, but I still have a good bit of work to do before I'll be comfortable enough to perform it on stage. Yet another thing to do before we leave!

Dinner tonight was really good. Once again, it's another recipe that I found on Pinterest. It was a little more time intensive than I had planned on, so while it was baking, we practiced the dance a little bit. My sister (Ninni as Addison calls her) said it was really good! I'm hoping that she really liked and and wasn't just trying to get a blog mention...love you sissy! TC said it was good, too, so I guess I'll believe them both! Here's the recipe:

BAKED SWEET & SOUR CHICKEN
adapted from Life as a Lofthouse
Servings: 4
Points+: 10


Coating:
3 – 4 boneless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
1 c. cornstarch
1/2 c. Egg Beaters

Sweet and Sour Sauce:
¾ c. sugar
4 T. ketchup
½ c. vinegar
1 T. soy sauce
1 t. garlic salt

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cut chicken into cubes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Dip chicken in cornstarch to coat, then dip in Egg Beaters. Heat large skillet over medium high heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Cook chicken until browned, but not cooked through. Place the chicken in a 9 x 13 baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Mix all of the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl with a whisk and and then pour evenly over the chicken. Bake for 1 hour, turning chicken every 15 minutes.


EXERCISE

Tonight, once again, in addition to the dance rehearsal, I also did a Jillian Michael's workout. I though that my abs have been neglected lately, so I decided to do her 6 Week 6 Pack dvd. It's been a little while since I've done this video, but it's still as tough as ever. And I even did level 1. Although, it is a lot easier than it used to be for me. I am proud that I'm using my 5 lb weights for it instead of the 3 lbs. So at least there is some progression. Even though tomorrow is going to be a busy day, I'm still planning to get in a workout. We'll see if it happens!

So long for today...

2 comments:

  1. I love sour chicken, this yours looks nice and delicious, very good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It was very good!

    ReplyDelete