Monday, May 21, 2012

French Dip Cupcakes


Have I told you yet that I'm in a dance recital this coming weekend? That's right! Thiry-something old me is in a dance recital. So maybe I should give you some more details...Growing up I was lucky enough to take dance at a wonderful private studio in my hometown. I started with just jazz, and eventually, it turned into tap, jazz, ballet and pointe. I took dance for 15 years and loved it! When I graduated high school, I also graduated from dance school. Well, they're having a 35th Anniversary/Reunion show this year and all of the alumni are invited back. So we're headed up this weekend along with about 50 other alumni from as far away as Arizona. They posted the routine on YouTube a couple of weeks ago for us all to learn. For some reason, I've procrastinated until last weekend to start learning the routine. Needless to say, I will be dancing every night this week to try to learn it. Talk about earning my Activity Points!

Tonight was another "cupcake" recipe. This was actually the first recipe like this that I had ever made. When I realized how perfectly portioned the servings end up being, I knew I wanted to keep making these. I'm not sure which I like better, these or the Taco Cupcakes from the other night. I love French Dip sandwiches and these have all the flavors! Here's the recipe:

FRENCH DIP CUPCAKES
adapted from Emily Bites
Servings: 4
Points+: 8


12 oz deli roast beef, thinly sliced and chopped into pieces
4 Laughing Cow Light Swiss wedges, chopped
1/3 c Au Jus gravy (I used a packet mix)
16 wonton wrappers
4 oz (1 cup) reduced fat 2% shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 8 cups in a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.

In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the roast beef, cheese wedges and Au Jus sauce. Microwave for 2 minutes on high. Stirring well to combine until cheese wedges are melted and roast beef mixture is fully coated with cheese and Au Jus sauce.

Press a wonton wrapper into the bottom of each of the eight sprayed cups in the muffin pan. Spoon about half of the roast beef mixture evenly among the wonton wrappers. Sprinkle about half the mozzarella cheese evenly over the top of each cup. Press another wonton wrapper on top and repeat the layering steps with the remaining ingredients.

Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.


EXERCISE
In addition to my dance practice tonight, I also did Level 2 of Jillian's Ripped in 30. It had been a few days since I did it, but I still felt pretty good. Since I missed a day or two this past week, I'm thinking about doing this level for a couple more days before I graduate up to Level 3. We'll have to see how I'm feeling tomorrow.

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment