Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Chicken Rollatini


Tonight, I got to take part in my very first FitBlog chat on Twitter. If you haven't already found me on Twitter, please do. I am @southliveyankee. Come join the fun! Tonight's conversation was about group fitness classes. Although, I don't usually take any group fitness classes, I really liked the conversation. I liked listening to other's points of view and seeing what kinds of activities are out there, just in case I ever decide to go the gym route. I can't wait for the next FitBlog chat!

Dinner tonight was DEE-LICIOUS! I found it on one of the very first blogs I started following: Wholesome Mommy. This dinner wasn't very hard but it tasted so good! I love cheesy goodness wrapped in chicken! TC even made a couple of comments about how good it was. This one will defintitely be in the regular rotation...whaenever that starts! Here's the recipe:

CHICKEN ROLLATINI
adapted from Wholesome Mommy
Servings: 4
Points+: 5


2 4-oz. chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
1 c. 2% milk shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 c. reduced fat parmesan cheese
1/4 c. italian breadcrumbs
1 egg white

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Pound the chicken flat to about 1/4 - 1/2 inch thickness. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Sprinkle 1/4 c. of the mozzarella cheese evenly over each chicken cutlet. Roll the chicken cutlet, starting at the short end and secure with a toothpick.

Combine the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese together and spread out on some waxed paper or a shallow dish/plate. Beat the egg whites until foamy and pour into another shallow dish/plate.

Dip the chicken, first in the egg whites, then in the breadcrumb mixture. Place the chicken seam side down into a cast iron skillet that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.

Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes. Serve with spaghetti with marinara sauce (I used Prego Light Smart).


EXERCISE
I graduated tonight! Yay! I moved up to Level 2 of Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 workout. I've done all of these before, but this rotation through, I upped the weights that I'm using. In the past, I've used 3 pound weights, but I'm going through with 5 pounds this time. I can honestly say, that at first, these are hard workouts to do with the 5 lbs. I know there are some people out there that use 8 lb or higher weights. That is fantastic and I applaud them. I, however, am not at that level. At this point, I feel pretty proud of myself for being able to get through the whole workout with 5 lb weights.

If you are doing strength workouts, you need to only worry about you. Do what you feel is best for your own body, not what someone else thinks you should be doing - unless it's your personal trainer, of course! If you push yourself too hard too fast, you're probably going to end up with an injury and even more frustration. So listen to your body. If it's telling you to cut back, definitely listen to it! Ok, done with the lecture. Hope you're having a great day!

So long for today...

2 comments:

  1. i tried this tonight. it was yummy, but my cheese came out of my chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will ooze out a little bit. Try not rolling the chicekn too tightly and don't put the cheese all the way up to the edge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete