Saturday, May 19, 2012

Taco Cupcakes


Today was such a great day in South Carolina, at least where I am! It was actually kind of cool today. I'm not sure it made it up to the 81 degrees that was predicted, but it was still a beautiful day. I think the humidy forgot to show up today and that really helped it to stay cool. Whatever the reason, I didn't really mind.

I bought some wonton wrappers at the store last week and decided to make these taco cupcakes. I had seen them a while back on Emily Bites and knew that I wanted to try them. She has a lot of different types of "cupcake" main dishes. I've tried these and the french dip cupcakes and have loved them both. I might have to go back to her site to see what else she has in the cupcake department! Here's the recipe:

TACO CUPCAKES
adapted from Emily Bites
Servings: 6
Points+: 4


1 lb 95% lean ground beef or ground turkey
1 packet taco seasoning
1 c canned black beans, drained and rinsed
24 wonton wrappers (found in the produce section)
24 t of queso dip or salsa con queso
1 c salsa
1 c 2% milk shredded cheddar cheese

Pre-heat the oven to 375 degree. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.

In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef. Add the taco seasoning and 1/4 c. water and stir to combine. To this add the black beans and cook for a few minutes until the beans are warme. , add the ground beef and taco seasoning and brown beef, breaking it up with a spoon. Add black beans and continue to cook, stirring

Press a wonton wrapper into the bottom of each of the cups in the muffin tin. Spoon a teaspoon of the queso dip into each wonton wrapper and spread inthe bottom of the cup. Next, spoon a heaping tablesppon of the meat and bean mixture into each cup. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of salsa over the meat mixture. Sprinkle half of the cheddar cheese evenly over each cup. Place another wonton wrapper over cheese and repeat the process with the remaining ingredients.

Bake for 18 -- 20 minutes until golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.


EXERCISE
It was a beautiful but brisk morning here, so I took full advantage of that and went for a run. I felt great during this run! I should probably really start running in the morning more often. Not only is the weather better, but it helps to get the exercise done early and it also helps me to feel better all day! I ran about 3.5 miles today. I could have probaly gone a little bit farther, but in typical Saturday style, we had some things we needed to get done, so I cut it at 3.5. Maybe tomorrow I will go a bit longer if I'm still feeling good!

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment