Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Taco Soup


So I haven't done too much with FitFluential yet, but I am making so many new contacts. I love all of the new people that I'm meeting. I like to see how others are approaching fitness and nutrition. I'm getting a lot of new ideas not only for recipes, but also for workouts. Since I have a trip coming up next week, I'd like to find some workouts besides running that I can do without a TV. I can't wait to try some out and I'll share them with you all.

Tonight's dinner was an oldie but a goodie. Taco Soup! If you're in Weight Watchers, you know about this soup. It's really a type of chili with a southwestern flavor. It's really easy and it's very filling. You can add or change things around as much as you want to with this. There really are so many variations that you could do on this to suit your tastes. Addison loves this soup! In general, she likes soup, and this one isn't the exception. We like to add some condiments to it, too. Tonight, we added cheese and some tortilla strips that I baked up. You could also add some sour cream, salsa, guacamole, whatever you want. Here's the recipe:

TACO SOUP
adapted from Food.com
Servings: 10
Points+: 5


1 lb. ground turkey or lean ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1 (1 oz) pkg. hidden valley ranch dressing mix
1 (1 oz.) pkg taco seasoning mix
1 (16 oz) can pinto beans (undrained)
1 (16 oz) can chili beans (undrained)
1 (16 oz) can whole kernel corn (undrained)
1 (8 oz) can Mexican style tomatoes (undrained)
1 (8 oz) can diced tomatoes (undrained)

Brown meat and onions and drain. Mix ranch and taco seasonings into meat. Add remaining ingredients, into mixture. Simmer 1 hour. Enjoy!


EXERCISE
Tonight, I'm going to work out with Jillian again. I'm going to do level 2 of Ripped in 30. I love her circuit training workouts! Well, let's be honest, I love most of her workouts. But especially the circuit workouts. I like that I get to do strength, cardio and abs all in one workout. Since I'm a mother of a 3 year old, I don't have a lot of free time. So when I do take the time to work out, I like to get as much bang for my buck as possible! That's just what I get from Jillian's Shred and Ripped series. I tried to find when she will be having a new workout coming out, but couldnt find anything. I'm ready for a new one!

So long for today...

1 comment:

  1. i was planning on having taco soup this weekend. i LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete