Sunday, May 6, 2012

Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes


Three years ago today, the greatest blessing I have was given to me. It was that day that Addison was born. She was and still is such a sweet child. We had her birthday party with friends and family yesterday. Today, she decided that she wanted to go to the beach. Since it was her special day, we were happy to oblige! We all had a great time and she definitely wore herself out while we were there!

When I was growing up, my mom used to make ice cream cone cupcakes for us at school every year for our birthday. I decided to carry on the tradition and make them for Addison's class at daycare for tomorrow. They're really not hard to make, and they're so cute. Plus, I'm hoping that the ice cream cone might help them from being to messy for the teachers. Here's the recipe:

ICE CREAM CONE CUPCAKES
adapted from Pillsbury
Servings: 24
Points+: 5


1 boxed cake mix
1 c. water
1/3 c. vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 container frosting
Sprinkles

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Fill ice cream cones 2/3 of the way full with cake batter. Place filled ice cream cones in a 9 x 13 inch cake pan to bake. Bake at 350 for 25 - 30 minutes, or until tops are golden brown. Allow to cool completely. Frost each ice cream cone with frosting and immediately sprinkle sprinkles over top. Enjoy!


EXERCISE:
Since today was Addison's birthday, I didn't want to take the time out to go for a run. I really wanted to enjoy every moment with her that I could. She napped on the way home from the beach, so I didn't get to go while she was napping. So I decided to just stick with my Sunday evening yoga. It was back at it with Jillian's Yoga Meltdown. Even though I enjoyed the yoga on the ship, it was nice to back to the familiarity of Yoga Meltdown!

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment