Friday, April 27, 2012

Slow Cooker Lasagna


Hey guys! So we're setting sail tomorrow! I'm so excited...but I'm still not packed! Yikes! I'd better post this quick and get my rear in gear!!

I have been trying to find a recipe for Slow Cooker lasagna for a while now. I wanted something that was pretty easy, but also tasted good. I definitely found that here. I think the thing that makes this so good is the cream cheese thats in it. To me, it seems like it adds a little bit of sweetness that you don't normally find in italian dishes like this one. The no-boil noodles also helped to make it easy and since there are only 6 noodles in the whole thing, it doesn't add a lot of points to the dish. If you've also been looking for an easy Slow Cooker Lasagna, here it is:

SLOW COOKER LASAGNA
Servings: 6
Points: 10


1 lb. extra lean ground beef
1/2 medium bell pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 T. McCormick Salt Free Garlic & Herb seasoning
2 28-oz. jars spaghetti sauce (I used Prego Light Smart)
6 no boil lasagna noodles, broken to fit cooker
8 oz. part skim mozzarella, shredded
4 oz. 1/3 less fat cream cheese, cut into cubes
1/4 c. reduced fat parmesan cheese

In large skillet, brown ground beef over medium high heat. Add pepper, onion, farlic and seasoning and cook until vegetables are tender. Add 1 1/2 jars spaghetti sauce and simmer over low heat until heated through.

Add 1/3 of meat sauce to bottom of slow cooker. Top with 1/3 of mozzarella cheese and 1/3 of cream cheese. Add two lasagna noodles on top of cheeses. I was able to lay one noodle down the middle and had to break the other noodle into pieces to fit. Repeat layers two more times. Top with remaining spaghetti sauce left in the jar and sprinkle parmesan cheese over top of sauce.

Cook on low 4 - 6 hours.



EXERCISE

Even though I'm not packed yet, I did get a chance to do a workout tonight. I was planning to do Bob's Super Strength, but since I still have a lot to do before my head hits my pillow, I thought I might compromise. I still got a good workout in, but it wasn't an hour long. I ended up doing Level 1 of JM's 6 Week 6 Pack. Since I'm going to be in a bathing suit quite a bit in the next 7 days, I thought every bit of ab work would help!

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment