Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Pizza Pasta Casserole


I have a confession to make. Today was the first day that I have been on plan in almost a week. I still tracked almost everything that I've eaten, but my weekly points were gone a long time ago. I don't know why I've been eating the way I have been. I didn't just fall off the wagon, I jumped! But I feel better today. I feel a little more in control. Maybe I've clawed my way back up onto the wagon. I didn't weigh-in today because I knew I wouldn't be happy with the scale. I actually hid the scale Sunday evening. I didn't want to have it in a convenient location where I could easily weigh myself. I'm hoping that I can stay on plan from here on out. I really want to make my goal before we leave for the cruise and it's very quickly approaching!

Dinner tonight was another new recipe. I found it on Pinterest. Pinterest is the best thing ever! I love how it helps me to organize all of my different wish lists. You'd be surprised by what you can find on there! If you haven't visted Pinterest yet, what are you waiting for?! This casserole was so good! Meaty, pasta, cheesy goodness topped with some turkey pepperoni! What's not to like? Here's the recipe:

PIZZA PASTA CASSEROLE
Servings: 8
Points+: 12


1 lb. extra lean ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
1 medium green pepper
3 cloves garlic
1 t. italian seasoning
16 oz. rotini pasta
3 14-oz. jars pizza sauce
8 oz. part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
22 pieces turkey pepperoni

Cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, brown ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, pepper, garlic and italian seasoning and cook until vegetables are tender. Stir in pizza sauce. Once pasta has cooked, add to skillet and stir until mixed well. Pour mixture into a 2 1/2 qt. baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Stir in half of cheese. Sprinkle remaing cheese on top and place pepperoni on top of cheese. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.


EXERCISE
It was a beautiful day here today. Not too hot and not too cold. I decided since it's supposed to cool off a little bit tomorrow, I would emjoy the day and take a walk. I got to walk the Zen trail at the office this morning. I hadn't done it for a while and it felt really good. This evening, I did JM 6 Week 6 Pack - Level 2. This is still a hard video for me to do. She can be pretty harsh sometimes! But let me tell you, after it's over, I never regret doing it.

I'm so excited to meet Hannah Curlee tomorrow from Season 11 of the Biggest Loser! I will post pics on FB and let you know what I learn.

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment