Monday, April 23, 2012

Pineapple Apricot Honey Dijon Chicken


Ah, the week before vacation. The time when you spend your days working so hard and hoping that the week never ends because the last thing on your mind is your upcoming vacation. Isn't that the way it is for you? Oh, just me? Haha! Nevermind. It's all I can do to get through my days at work this week. Thank goodness I have a ton of work to do to help the days go by faster! After this week, I'm definitely going to need a vacation, too!

I am 1 pound away from my goal weight. People tell me that I look good now and don't need to lose any more weight. They don't understand why that one pound makes such a difference. But it does. It means a lot to me. If I finally lose this one pound, it will mean that I made my goal. It will mean that I accomplished something that I set out to do. That means so much more than the number on the scale. When I decide I'm going to do something, I don't rest until it's done...the right way. My father always told me that if something is worth doing, it's worth doing right. I couldn't agree more! I'm not sure if I will make the goal tomorrow...I had quite a few tastes of some orange cream cheese frosting tonight...but I will make the goal eventually.

So dinner tonight was another "Make-up Monday." There's nothing like chicken with brown rice and green beans. I'm sure TC is tired of it, but until I reach my goal, this is how Mondays are going to be at our house. At least it's not the same chicken every Monday! Here's the recipe for tonight's chicken:

PINEAPPLE APRICOT HONEY DIJON CHICKEN
adapted from Kraft
Servings: 4
Points+: 5


4 4-oz. chicken breasts
3 T. dijon mustard
2 T. pineapple-apricot preserves
1 T. honey
1/2 t. ground ginger

Preheat the grill to medium heat. Combine mustard, preserves, honey and ginger and mix until well blended.

Reserve half of the mustard mixture; set aside. Brush chicken with remaining mustard mixture - or marinate overnight in mustard mixture.

Grill chicken 10 min. on each side or until cooked through, occasionally basting with the reserved mustard mixture.


EXERCISE

Since I didn't get a run in yesterday, I really wanted to get one in tonight. It was a little chilly here today and in all honesty, it was the perfect day for a run. I didn't have to bundle up too much. I just added an extra layer and wore some long pants. 374 burned calories later, my run was over and I already had my workout done for the day. Now maybe I can relax...oh wait, what does that mean?

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment