Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Fiesta Chicken Casserole


Well, I didn't hit my goal this week. I'm a little bit disappointed, but not completely surprised. I also don't think all of the Easter candy I ate tonight is going to help me too much either. But if I stay on plan between now and next Tuesday, I still might make it. That's a BIG if though! We'll have to wait and see.

TC gave tonight's dinner a huge compliment. He said he thought that tonight's dinner was the best one yet. He's giving me more feedback on my dinners now which really helps me. I mean, who wants to keep eating something that no one else likes? Definitely not me! Here's tonight's recipe:

FIESTA CHICKEN CASSEROLE
adapted from Plain Chicken
Servings: 4
Points+: 12


3 cup cooked chicken, shredded
1 cup instant rice (uncooked)
1 can FF cream of chicken soup
1 can Rotel diced tomatoes and chiles, undrained
1 Tbsp Fajita seasoning
2 Tbsp skim milk
2 cups 2% sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup crushed Baked Doritos

Preheat oven to 350.

Combine chicken, rice, soup, Rotel, seasoning, milk and 1 1/2 cups of cheese. Pour into a lightly greased 9x9 pan. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Top casserole with crushed chips and remaining cheese, bake uncovered for 5-10 minutes, until cheese is melted.


EXERCISE
This evening after dinner, we did get a short bike ride in. But probably only one Activity Point's worth. I'm still planning to do Bob Harper's Totally Ripped Core workout video tonight. I'm kind of nervous to do it though. I think it's going to be really hard. But as Mr. Harper tweeted today, "It takes hard work to get real results." I couldn't agree more Mr. Harper!

So long for today...


No comments:

Post a Comment