Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Chicken Parmesan Pizza

Today was such a fantastic day! I got to meet Hannah Curlee from season 11 of the Biggest Loser. She is so inspirational. I had the opportunity to talk with her one on one for about 30 minutes. She is so down to earth and easy to talk to. I feel like we could be such good friends. She is so sweet and funny, too. I will do another post on my visit with her and share some of the information she gave us.

For dinner tonight, I tried a new recipe. I found it somewhere on Pinterest and it looked so good. Now, I made my own whole wheat pizza dough which worked really well with this pizza. It's a little more work, but so worth it having the knowledge of everything that's in the dough. You could do so many different variations on this, too adding more ingredients, vegetables, whatever you like. Here's the recipe:


CHICKEN PARMESAN PIZZA
adapted from Pennies on a Platter
Servings: 4
Points+: 9

1 pizza crust dough (homemade or store-bought)
cornmeal, for sprnkling
olive oil
garlic salt (optional)
2/3 c. marinara sauce
1 c. chopped cooked chicken
4 oz. part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded


Preheat the oven to between 400 to 500 degrees F, depending on the pizza crust recipe you're using.

Place the pizza crust on a baking stone. If using fresh dough, I recommend par-baking the crust for about 5 minutes before adding the rest of the ingredients. Brush the middle and edges with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt (optional). Spread a layer of marinara on top, then sprinkle with the chicken and mozzarella. Carefully transfer the pizza to the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted.

Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes before cutting and serving. Sprinkle with parsley or oregano for garnish.


EXERCISE
The two videos that I ordered on Monday came today. I'm really looking forward to trying Bob Harper's yoga video. I think I might give it a try tomorrow evening. Tonight, I got a 3 mile run in. I was a little disappointed that I didn't get my run in on Sunday, so I was happy to get one in today. I'm going to make it my goal to run 3 days a week. I know this will be easier on the weeks that I am off on Fridays, but I'm hoping to do it every week. Wish me luck!

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment