Sunday, April 15, 2012

Snickerdoodle Snack Mix


Ah, such a great Sunday! After church, we came home and pretty much relaxed this afternoon. We're starting to get things organized for the cruise. It's now in less than 2 weeks! I'm getting so excited, even though it still seems too far away. Next Sunday, I think I'll allow myself to get extremely excited since it will be at the end of that week. But until then, trying to remain calm!!!! Can you tell?

We went to our neighbors house tonight for dinner. We were celebrating the 13th birthday of one of the daughters. By the time this goes out, she will officially be a teenager! Thank goodness that we have another 10 years before we have to worry about that with Addison! As a snack today, I made this Snickerdoodle Snack Mix. It was so good! I couldn't stop eating it. Addison enjoyed it, too. Her favorite part was the Cinnamon Chex pieces, and mine, too! Here's the recipe:

SNICKERDOODLE SNACK MIX
adapted from Chex Mix
Servings: 8
Points+: 5


2 c. cinnamon Chex cereal
2 c. Cocoa Puffs cereal
5 c. 94% FF kettle corn popcorn
1 c. godfish grahams, any flavor (I used chocolate chip)
1/4 c. light butter
1/4 c. Splenda
1 T. ground cinnamon

In small bowl, combine Splenda and cinnamon. Mix well. In large, microwave-safe bowl, combine cereals, popcorn and goldfish grahams. In small microwave safe bowl, melt butter in microwave. Pour over cereals and mix until cereal mixture is well coated. Microwave for additional 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute. Sprinkle half of cinnamon sugar mix over cereal and stir well. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar mixture over cereal and stir again. Microwave for additional 1 minute. Spread on waxed paper and allow to cool. Store in airtight container.


EXERCISE
Today was my typical Sunday as far as exercise goes. I ran 3 miles and felt pretty good after my run. This evening, I did level 2 of JM Yoga Meltdown. I remembered to wear my heart rate monitor for the workout tonight. I was a little disappointed to see that it only measured me buring 117 calories. I had thought that I burned more calories during the Yoga Meltdown workout, but I guess not. I just need to appreciate the stretch and flexibility that I gain from doing a yoga workout...right?

So long for today....

No comments:

Post a Comment