Monday, April 2, 2012

Strawberry Pretzel Salad


So, I didn't get to post yesterday. I had every intention of posting this last night. I even sat down in front of the computer to post it...but then I didn't. It was too late and I really needed to get to bed. So I might be doing two posts today. We'll see.

We went to a cookout at my in-laws house yesterday. My mother-in-law requested that I make this salad. It's always nice when I make something that people specifically ask for again. Makes me feel like I did a good job! It's good to know that I make things that people like and want to eat again! This salad is a very old family recipe. I grew up eating it. It's so good, too! I know that 7 pts+ might be a lot for something like this, but the pieces are pretty good size, and it is totally worth it! Here's the recipe:

STRAWBERRY PRETZEL SALAD
Servings: 12
Points+: 7


2 cups crushed pretzels
3/4 c. light butter, melted
3 T. Splenda

1 (8 oz.) package ff cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. Splenda
1 (8 oz.) container fat free frozen whipped topping, thawed

2 (3 oz.) packages sugar free strawberry flavored gelatin
2 cups boiling water
1 (16 oz.) pkg. fresh strawberries, crushed or 1(10 ounce) pkg. frozen strawberries, crushed

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Stir together crushed pretzels, melted butter and 3 tablespoons Splenda; mix well and press mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.

Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until set. Set aside to cool.

In a large mixing bowl cream together cream cheese, sugar and remaining Splenda. Fold in whipped topping. Spread mixture onto cooled crust.

Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in strawberries and place in refrigerator to gel up a bit, about 20 - 30 minutes. When mixture has thickened a bit, pour over cream cheese layer and spread out. Refrigerate until set.


EXERCISE
Since I ran 6.2 miles on Saturday, I figured that I could take Sunday off from running. I would like to get another run in before this coming weekend, but since I had already run so much, I wanted to give my body a rest. But, as always, I did get some Yoga in Sunday night. It felt really good to stretch my muscles. Still trying to find another Yoga workout I like as much as Jillian's.

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment