Saturday, March 31, 2012

Bird's Egg Nests


Today was a big day for me. I finished my first 10k. I ran in the 2012 Cooper River Bridge Run today in Charleston, SC. It's a 6.2 mile race. I was a little nervous, because I had never run this far before. I had walked in the bridge run before with a couple of bursts of running, but I had never started it with the intention of running the whole thing. I am so excited to report that I ran the entire race and finished in 1 hour, 1 minute and 50 seconds. That comes out to be a 9:58 pace. My ultimate goal was to run the whole thing. My next goal was to run it in at least 1 hr 2 minutes. I wanted to have at least a 10 minute mile pace. Then my final goal was to finish in less than an hour. I achieved all by the last goal. I still have to give myself credit though. There were a ton of people that I had to weave through the whole time and the bridge does have a pretty steep incline. So maybe if I hadn't been up against those factors, I might have had a better time. But the fact remains that I not only finished the race, but I also ran the whole thing. And now, I am extremely tired, too!

I wanted to make something to share with you all. This is a recipe that I've seen a few times this week. It calls for chow mein noodles, but since I didn't have any of those, I used the Fiber One cereal instead. I only had about 3 cups of Fiber One, so I used Rice Krispies, too. These are so cute and are really good, too. Since they have the Fiber One in them, you don't have to feel too guilty eating them! Here's the recipe:

BIRD'S EGGS NESTS


4 c. Fiber One Cereal
1/4 c. butter
2 1/2 c. miniature marshmallows
36 - 48 miniature Robin Eggs

Melt butter over medium heat in large pan. Once butter is melted, add marshmallows and stir until marshmallows are melted. Turn off heat. Add cereal and stir until cereal is coated.

Distribute mixture evenly among 12 cup muffin tin, making indentation in middle. Once cool, place 3 - 4 Robin Eggs in middle of each nest.


EXERCISE
So in addition to the 6.2 mile run that I had today, I also got in some yoga. I wanted to stretch my muscles a little more before I went to bed so that they wouldn't get too stiff during the night. I don't know what kind of exercise I will do tomorrow. At this point, I'm just hoping to be able to get out of bed!

So long for today...


No comments:

Post a Comment