Saturday, March 24, 2012

Exploding Chicken Taquitos


Today was another busy day! Addison and I had a girls day and went shopping with my mom, sister and her daughter and a friend that is visiting from Pennsylvania. I was able to find a lot of pretty good deals today, especially for Addison. I think I'm pretty much done with buying things for the cruise. Maybe a couple of little things left, but for the most part, I think I'm done. That's a good thing because even though we're leaving in a little over a month, the next few weekends will be pretty busy and I'm not sure I'm going to have a lot of time to do any amount of shopping.

Dinner tonight was a recipe that I've wanted to try for a while. I bought the canned chicken for this a while back and kept seeing it in the pantry whenever I would get in there. I finally got to use it for this recipe. The next time I make this, I'm not going to used canned chicken. I will cook and shred my own. The canned chicken is just a little weird in my opinion. Overall though, these were pretty good. I dipped mine in some FF sour cream. Here's the recipe:

EXPLODING CHICKEN TAQUITOS
adapted from Hungry Girl
Servings: 4
Points+: 7


1 10-oz. can chicken
1/2 c. salsa
1/2 c. reduced fat mexican blend cheese
1/4 t. taco seasoning
8 FF flour tortillas (can also use corn tortillas)
sour cream and/or salsa for dipping

Preheat oven to 375 degree3s.

Drain chicken and shred. Add this and salsa to a bowl and stir to combine. Add cheese and taco seasoning and stir until all ingredients are well blended.

Distribute filling among the tortillas by placing strip down middle. Roll tortillas into tubes and place seam side down on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 - 17. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Serve with sour cream and extra salsa for dipping.


EXERCISE
I got a goot bit of walking doen today while we were shopping, but nothing that I felt I could add to my WW tracker for activity points. I hadn't run in a while and with the race next Saturday, I definitely wanted to get at least a 3 mile run in. Mother Nature teased me again this afternoon. It started storming shortly after we got back from our shopping trip, and I wasn't sure I was going to have the chance to run. But as we were finishing dinner, the weather cleared up and the sun came out again. I was happy that I got my run in today! I'm still trying to figure out my heart rate monitor, so I'm not sure how much of a calorie burn I got. But it was definitely nice to run again. I hope to get in a 3 - 4 mile run tomorrow, too.

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment