Monday, March 19, 2012

Orange Honey Glazed Chicken


Well, the scale was up today. It really wasn't surprising given all of the crackers and brownies that I ate yesterday. I'm hoping that most of it was water weight. I drank more than my weight in water today to flush out any remaining water weight left. As is typical for my "makeup Mondays" (make up for the weekend), we had grilled chicken with brown rice and green beans. Well, I had brown rice. TC and Addison had parboiled rice. The last time I fed Addison brown rice, she thought it was gum, so I thought maybe that was enough brown rice for her. I really wanted to do a grilled chicken recipe with orange juice for dinner. I had researched some different recipes and took some ingredients from different ones to create my own. Here's the recipe I came up with:

ORANGE HONEY GLAZED CHICKEN
Servings: 3
Points+: 5


12 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
1/3 c. fresh squeezed orange juice
2 t. honey
1 T. low sodium soy sauce
1 t. brown sugar
3/4 t. dry mustard

Combine all ingredients except chicken. Mix until sugar is dissolved. Add chicken. Allow to marinate at least 1 hour, or overnight. Grill chicken until cooked through.


EXERCISE
During my break at work today, I got to go on a brisk walk outside. My company has various walking trails throughout the property to help encourage exercise with the employees. Today was the first time I took advantage of these trails. I walked on the "Zen" trail. It's a one mile round trip trail that takes you through a wooded area along the edge of the property. It was nice to get some exercise and clear my head this morning. I would really like to do this walk a few days a week. I also did JM Metabolism Boosting workout tonight. I considered it my last chance workout and gave it my all to try to make up for the damage I did on Sunday. We'll see if it worked.

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment