Sunday, March 11, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip


This dip is so delicious! I let my husband try it and he even said how good it was. The secret to the dip is that it is made with chickpeas. That's right: Chick - Peas. But trust me when I tell you that you have no idea they're in there. It could be that I added a little bit of peanut butter, so that really adds additional flavor to the dip. I took it to the oyster roast on Saturday. TC told me not to tell anyone what's in it until after they try it. That's exactly what I did. Everyone that tried it really liked it. They were really surprised when I told them that it was made with chickpeas. There was some leftover that I brought home with me. I ate way too much of it and had to throw it away to stop myself from eating it. It's really not bad for you, but the reduced fat graham crackers and vanilla wafers that you eat with it can sure add up when you eat quite a few of them. Here's the recipe:

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH DIP
Servings: 6
Points+: 4


1 c. chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2 T. oats, ground
2 T. brown sugar
1 t. vanilla
1/8 t. salt
1/8 t. baking soda
2 T. Splenda
1/3 c. chocolate chips

Add all ingredients, except chocolate chips, to a food processor and mix until smooth and creamy, then mix in chocolate chips. Serve with graham crackers, vanilla wafers, animal crackers, whatever you like.


EXERCISE
In order to make up for eating too much cookie dough dip, I wanted to do another workout last night, but I was so tired, I just went to bed. I figured with the time change, the extra sleep would do my body more good than the exercise, so that's what I did. I did get a 3 mile run in before the oyester roast. This morning, I got in a 4.09 mile run. It felt so great! I wished I would have had time to keep going, but we had some things to do this evening so I had to head in. I am planning to do some yoga before bed to help stretch my muscles and help me to wind down after a busy weekend.

I didn't do too terribly eating this weekend, but I definitely could have done better. I'm drinking plenty of water to help flush my system and trying to get in my exercise. I only have one day left to make a difference on the scale. I did buy some local honey and bee pollen to help with my allergies, so I will be adding that to something I eat or drink everyday. I'm really curious to see if it makes a difference. I will report back with any results.

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment