Thursday, March 22, 2012

Mexican Stuffed Shells


Tomorrow Addison is going on a fieldtrip to Bee City. I swapped my Fridays so that I could go with her. My dad is going to come along, too since he used to raise honeybees in Pennsylvania. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. I've heard a lot of great things about this place and I can't wait to go.

Tonight was another recipe I found on Pinterest. I'm addicted, I admit it. Isn't that the first step? There are so many great things to find on there! What I'm loving so much about this blog, is that I'm making so many things from scratch. I'm not using as many processed foods. I'm the first to admit that we love us some Hamburger Helper in this house. It's great when you're short on time. I have a few boxes in the cupboard right now, and I'm not afraid to use them. But when I have the time, I try new recipes that I know every ingredient that I add. Here's tonight's recipe:

MEXICAN STUFFED SHELLS
adapted from The Way to His Heart
Servings: 5
Points+: 11


1 lb. extra lean ground beef
1 pkg. low sodium taco seasoning
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 green pepper, finely chopped
2 cloved garlic, minced
1 c. black beans
4 oz. FF cream cheese
20 jumbo pasta shells
1 1/2 c. salsa
1 c. taco sauce
1 c. RF mexican blend cheese
scallions
sour cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Brown ground beef over medium heat in non-stick skillet. Add onion, pepper and garlic. Cook until veggies are tender. Add taco seasoning and 1/2 c. water. Cook until liquid is absorbed. Add black beans and cream cheese. Cook until cream cheese is melted and blended. Set aside to cool a bit.

Cook pasta shells according to package directions and drain.

Pour salsa on bottom of 9 x 13 baking dish. Stuff each shell with the meat mixture. Place shells in pan open side up. Cover shells with taco sauce. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.

After 30 minutes, add shredded cheese and bake uncovered for additional 10 - 15 minutes.

To serve, add a dollop of sour cream and top with sliced scallions.


EXERCISE
Well, Mother Nature definitely has it out for me this week. It was raining yet again this evening, so I didn't get a run in. Instead, I did JM Six Week Six Pack - Level 2. This was the first time that I had ever done level 2 of this workout. I really like level 1 though. I feel like I haven't really worked my abs in the last week or so, so I wanted to try to work them out. And work them out I did! This workout combines the target toning to the abs, but also has bursts of cardio to keep your heart rate up. I'm not feeling anything in my legs from Killer Buns & Thighs last night, but I'm sure to feel something in my abs tomorrow!

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment