Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Cheesy Taco Pasta


I am very happy to report that I lost .6 lbs. this week. I'm very happy with that loss. I don't know what made the scale budge. I'm not sure if it was the water, my last chance Jillian Michaels workout or the lean dinner that I had. But something definitely worked. When the scale drops a bit, it makes all of the hard work I put in so much more worth it.

So it was cooler again today. I think it's supposed to be back up to around 70 tomorrow, but then it's supposed to cool off again for the weekend. Right now, they are forecasting a high of 60 degrees and rain for Saturday. That's definitely not good weather for the oyster festival. Let's hope the weather man is wrong on this one!

Dinner was delicious tonight. My family is so glad that I'm doing this blog. I'm trying so many new recipes and they are definitely reaping the benefits! Tonight's dinner wasn't the exception! Here's the recipe:

CHEESY TACO PASTA
adapted from Emily Bites
Servings: 6
Points+: 9


8 oz wheat pasta
1 lb 95% lean ground beef
1 oz packet reduced sodium taco seasoning
1 ½ c mild picante sauce
½ c water
¼ c fat free sour cream
¾ c shredded 2 % reduced fat cheddar cheese
¾ c shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Cook pasta according to package instructions. While pasta is cooking, cook ground beef until well done. If you want to, you can also add in some chopped green pepper, onion or garlic, but it's not necessary since you're using the picante sauce. Add the taco seasoning, picante sauce and water and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes. Once pasta is done, drain pasta and add it to the beef mixture. Add the sour cream, cheese, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Stir until cheese is completely melted. Remove from heat and serve immediately.


I made this over the weekend and put it in the fridge for later in the week. All I did to reheat it was put in on the stove and allow it to warm up a little bit. Then I added about 1/4 c. of milk and a couple more tablespoons of FF sour cream. It came out perfect!

Jillian Michael's new workout DVD came out today. It's a kickboxing dvd, which I'm pretty excited about. But when I looked on Amazon, they say the format is DVD-R, and I guess that isn't very good? The reviews said that those types wear out quickly? So what's a girl to do? I really want this DVD! Maybe I will just try my chances. We'll just have to wait and see.

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment