Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Chicken Alfredo Pizza


Today was my weigh-in day! Even though I had a couple of rough patches over the weekend, I had tried to make up for it and was hoping for a pretty good number on the scale. I'm happy to report that I didn't disappoint myself! I lost 1.2 pounds this week! That brings my total since January 3rd to 11.2 pounds! I'm so happy with the success that I've had this year on WW and I really hope I can lose the last few pounds.

I saw this recipe a few weeks ago on Emily Bites, but since I'm not a big fan of spinach, I didn't add it to my "to-Cook" list. But after hearing the rave reviews about it on my WW message board, I decided to give it a try. In order to bulk it up a little bit, I added some onions and mushrooms to it. Oh my goodness, this was so delicious! I usually make my own pizza crust, so I really liked the convenience of using the pre-made pizza crust. It really got the wheels in my head turning trying to come up with more recipes that can be done on one of these crusts...Here's the recipe:

CHICKEN ALFREDO PIZZA
adapted from Emily Bites
Servings: 3 or 6
Points+: 5 or 10


2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
1 - 3 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, thinly sliced, optional
1/2 c. mushrooms, sliced, optional
Boboli 12” Whole Wheat Thin Pizza Crust
1/2 cup light Alfredo sauce
½ cup cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, shredded
¾ cup 2% reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
1 ½ t grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat the oven to 450.

Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray heat up over medium heat. Add the onions and mushrooms and cook until almost tender. Add the spinach and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally for a few minutes until the spinach is wilted and the garlic is golden. Remove from heat.

Spread the Alfredo sauce evenly over the pizza crust, leaving at least a ½ inch edge around the outside. Spread the veggie mixture evenly over top of the sauce. Sprinkle the shredded chicken over the veggies. Top the chicken with the mozzarella cheese. Finally, sprinkle the parmesan cheese evenly over this pizza.

Place pizza on a foil covered baking sheet, a pizza stone or straight onto the oven rack and bake for 8-10 minutes.


EXERCISE
I wanted to get in some strength training tonight since I did cardio. I had been pretty sore the other night from doing JM's No More Trouble Zones, so I thought I would do it again to work the same muscles. I still didn't get the whole video done, but I did get through 30 minutes. Maybe someday I will make it through the whole thing!

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment