Thursday, March 8, 2012

BBQ Meatloaf Muffins


In case you didn't know, I have an almost 3 year old daughter. She is the light of my life! She's such a sweet little girl, it would be hard not to fall in love with her. Like any three year old, she can be pretty picky about what she eats. This is especially true when it comes to veggies. You already saw that I sneak in some carrots to my chili to add more bulk and nutrients to it. I decided to do the same thing to this recipe. I added in carrot to get my daughter to eat more vegetables. Sometimes moms have to be sneaky like that! You really can't taste the carrots in there, and unless you look really close, you can't see them either. They blend in really well.

I was holding my breath on this recipe. I honestly didn't know how it would turn out. Luckily, it was a success. I'm so relieved! It was supposed to be one large meatloaf, but I don't have time to wait for the oven to pre-heat and then bake something for 45 minutes on a day that I work. So I remembered the meatloaf muffins that I made a little while back and figured I would make this into muffins. I love the idea of the muffins, too because they really help with portion control. Of course, I had to do a side of mashed potatoes! What else do you have with meatloaf? Here's the recipe:

BBQ MEATLOAF MUFFINS
Servings: 6
Points+: 5


1 lb. extra lean ground beef
1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
1 medium onion, chopped
1 glove garlic, minced
1 medium carrot, finely diced
2 T. + 2 t. worcestershire sauce
3/4 c. Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce, divided
1 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Add all ingredients except 1/4 c. BBQ sauce. Mix until well combined. Spray a 12 cup miffin pan with cooking spray and spoon meatloaf mixture evenly into the 12 cups. Spoon remaining BBQ sauce evenly over the top of each muffin. Bake for 25 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Enjoy!


EXERCISE
I was a little frustrated this morning, again. The scale was up even more from yesterday. I have done everything in my power to make the scale happy, but I must be missing something. Because it's definitely not very happy with me right now. I was pretty pleased with myself last night for getting a run and some yoga in yesterday. But I guess the scale wasn't that pleased with me. Tonight, I decided to take the intensity of my workout down a little bit. I did Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds. She has so many variations of these walking workouts. But my favorite is the classic. My only decision to make was whether or not to do the 30 minute or 45 minute walk. Since Addison went down easily tonight, I got to do the 45 minute workout and earned an extra activity point. Yea!!

I also wanted to stay inside tonight since my allergies are getting irritated by all of the pollen in the air. Everything seems like it's in full bloom right now! Don't get me wrong, I love Spring! It's my favorite of all the seasons! I love how fresh everything is. I just wish the pollen didn't play havoc with my sinuses! Oddly enough, I never had a problem with my allergies until I moved South. Not sure, I guess just the different types of pollen? Who know?

I'm really hoping that the scale is nice to me. I even sacrificed my after dinner sweet fix and just had my sleepytime tea. We'll see how pleased the scale is in the morning.

So long for today...


No comments:

Post a Comment