Sunday, March 25, 2012

Broccoli Casserole


I finally got a day at home. I said I wanted to relax, but I did anything but that. I went for my run, worked on some laundry and I swapped out my winter sweaters and cords for my summer shirts and shorts. I'm glad I got this all done. We've been so busy the last couple of weekends, it was nice to have a day at home. We enjoy spending time with friends and family and getting out and about, but sometimes, you just want a day at home. That's what today was and it felt so good! I also got a chance to work on my menu plan for the week. Tonight, we had grilled burgers with fresh cut baked fries and broccoli casserole. I love this casserole. It's so easy, I don't know why I don't make it more often. Here's the recipe:

BROCCOLI CASSEROLE
Servings: 6
Points+: 4


1 lb. broccoli
2/3 c. FF sour cream
1 can 98% FF cream of mushroom soup
4 oz. 2% milk cheddar cheese
8 reduced fat Ritz crackers, crushed

Combine all ingreients and stir until well combined. Pour into 1 1/2 qt. baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle crushed crackers over top. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.


EXERCISE
Ha! I beat Mother Nature today. I got in a 4.25 mile run before the skies opened up. It felt really good! I did it in 48 minutes, too which made it a 8:56 mile pace. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have that kind of pace for the bridge run! I would be able to finish in less that 60 minutes. We'll have to see.

Since it was Sunday, I'm also planning to get in some yoga. I going to do Level 2 of JM Yoga Meltdown. I love her yoga workouts! They're not your traditional yoga. She adds in some cardio which helps to keep it from being boring. She needs to do another yoga workout video!

It's back to work tomorrow, but it's another short week since this will be my normal Friday off. Then we have Good Friday off and then the next week will be my normal Friday off again! Nice to know I won't have to work a Friday for almost a month!

So long for today...




No comments:

Post a Comment