Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Lasagna Rollups


Today at work was one of those days that just couldn't end fast enough. It may have been that Addison told me this morning that she didn't want me to go to work. She broke my heart. I told her that I would much rather stay at home with her, but that I had to go to work to make some monies. She seemed to accept that and our days progressed.

I had my weigh-in this morning. I am down another 1.2 lbs from last week. I hope I can get the last 1.2 lbs off this week to reach my goal next week. I don't know after today though...I ate 12 of my weekly points today. I am a huge stress eater and today was an extremely stressful day, so I ate. I didn't do too bad considering, but it was still bad. I will try my best to stay busy for the next few days in order to make up for today and keep from getting bored and wanting to eat.

Dinner tonight was lasagna rollups. This is a recipe that I developed on my own. Next time I make them, I will lay them flat instead of on their sides like tonight's. They're cute this way, but they would be easier and saucier if they were flat. Oh well, you live and learn. Here's the recipe:

LASAGNA ROLLUPS
Servings: 4
Points+: 4


8 lasagna noodles
1/2 lb. extra lean ground beef
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
1 large clove garlic, minced
1/2 t. dried oregano
1/2 t. dried parsley
2 c. spaghetti sauce, divided
1 c. 1% cottage cheese
4 oz. part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded

While lasagna noodles cook, brown ground beef in non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, green pepper, garlic, oregano and parsley and cook until vegetables are tender. Add 1 c. sauce and stir until combined with meat and vegetables. Once meat sauce is made and noodles are cooked, you can assemble the rollups. Spread 1/2 c. spaghetti sauce on bottom of 2 qt. baking dish.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lay noodles out on flat surface. Evenly distribute cottage cheese among noodles, leaving about 2 inches on one end without filling. Top cottage cheese with 1/2 of mozzarella cheese, evenly divided among noodles. Then top the mozzarella cheese with meat mixture. Starting with end with filling on it, roll up the noodle. Place rollup on it's side in the baking dish. Top with remaining spaghetti sauce and top that with remaining mozzarella cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, covered. Take cover off and bake for additional 10 - 15 minutes.


EXERCISE
I did JM Extreme Shed and Shred tonight. My knee is bothering me again, so I don't want to push it too much before the race on Saturday. I didn't finish the whole workout though. She said it was 30 minutes, but it's definitely longer than that. Next time, I will do the entire workout, just not tonight.

I'm hoping to get a walk in tomorrow morning on the Zen trail for a little bit of fresh air and exercise in one. I'm not sure about my workouts for the rest of the week. I will have to look through them and figure that out.

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment