Friday, March 23, 2012

Baseball Popcorn


Today was such a tiring day! It was a lot of fun, but so tiring! We had an hour long bus ride to Bee City. Then we spent almost 3 hours there learning about bees and getting to feed some of the animals, then we had an hour long bus ride back. Addison fell asleep about halfway back and woke up when we got back to her school. So needless to say, she was pretty tired since she didn't get any more sleep today. Luckily, my parents invited us over to their house for dinner, so I didn't have to cook dinner at home. I did make some of this delicious popcorn to snack on before dinner though. It is so good! I love the sweet combination with the cinnamon and the buttery goodness from the butter on the popcorn. Here's the recipe:

BASEBALL POPCORN
adapted from Not My Mama's Meals
Servings: 8
Points+: 3


10 cups 94% FF popcorn, popped
2 T. light butter
2 T. brown sugar
1 T. cinnamon
1 t. vanilla
pinch nutmeg

Melt butter in bowl in microwave. Add all other ingredients, except popcorn. Add the popcorn to large zip top storage bag. Drizzle topping over popcorn and shake bag until topping is evenly distributed. Enjoy!


EXERCISE:
I had every intention of working out tonight. I even put on my workout clothes and started my JM Yoga Meltdown dvd. But then I looked at the clock and realized it was almost 10:00 and decided that I'd better get a good night's sleep tonight. It worked out well though, because I haven't had a rest day in a while and I promised my friend Tracey that I would think about getting one in soon. So this one's for you Tracey! Even though I'm going shopping tomorrow, I still plan to get in a run for my workout. I feel like it's been forever since I ran last!

So long for today...

2 comments: