Thursday, March 15, 2012

Strawberries & Cream Pancakes


Today was a pretty hectic day followed by an equally hectic evening. Dinner was delicious though! Addison ate two of these pancakes and a good many strawberries as well. This is definitely going to be repeated soon. I served this with a few slices of turkey bacon. Absolutely delicious! Obviously, you can have these for breakfast, brunch, lunch or a midnight snack. Whatever strikes your fancy! I finished up some shamrock sugar cookies that I baked last night. I counted them tonight. There's sixty of them. That's a lot of cookies! Here's the recipe for the pancakes:

STRAWBERRIES & CREAM PANCAKES
Servings: 3
Points+: 7


1 c. Heart Smart Bisquick
3/4 c. unsweetened almond milk (or what ever milk you have)
1 egg
1 T. canola oil
6 strawberries, sliced
1/4 c. FF cream cheese
1/2 t. vanilla
1/2 t. cinnamon
2 packets Splenda

Mix all ingredients together and stir until well combined.

Heat griddle between 350°F and 400°F. Spray griddle with non-stick spray. Pour about 1/3 c. of batter onto hot griddle. Pancakes are ready to flip when bubble begin to form along edge of pancake. Flip once and cook through.

You can serve however youw ant, but this is how I did it:

Place one pancake on plate, sprinkle with powdered sugar. Spoon some sliced strawberries on top and top with a dollop of FF whipped cream. Repeat layers two more times. ENJOY!


EXERCISE
I'm glad that I found some time to get my wokrout in. I ended up doing JM Extreme Shed and Shred - Level 1. This isn't a hard workout, but it definitely works me out!

Ok, have to finish up laundry and go to bed. Headed to work early in the morning.

So long for today...

1 comment:

  1. ok, those look completely delicious!! Wait until I show my daughter!! She LOVES strawberries!! Will be making soon!!

    ReplyDelete