Saturday, March 3, 2012

Pineapple Mandarin Orange Cupcakes


It was raining when I woke up this morning. It's still raining now. I was pretty bummed because I really wanted to get a run in today. But, when I saw that it hadn't been raining for a while, I decided to go ahead and try to get my run in. So I ran. About halfway through my run, it started to sprinkle. Since I was already headed home, I didn't think it would be a big deal. In all honesty, I thought I was a pretty die hard runner out there running in the rain. But as the rain picked up, I realized I was no longer die hard. Now I just looked ridiculous running in the rain. Luckily, I didn't have to run in the rain for long since I took a different route today. When I got home and checked my iPod, I had only run for a little over 23 minutes. Really? But I had run 2.52 miles, which comes out to be about a 9:14 mile pace. Not too bad, of course that could have been so good because I was trying to hurry home after it started raining again.

So we went to the circus this afternoon. It was Addison's first time to the circus. I was so excited. She was, too...for a little while. She got tired of sitting and didn't enjoy the second half no matter what we did to try to entertain her. Her favorite part was the elephants. She kept wanting them to come back out. I kept telling her they were tired and were sleeping. Oh well, you live and you learn.

I made some delicious cupcakes for dessert tonight. I modified a recipe that I have for a cake similar to this, but didn't add the eggs or oil. They turned out pretty good, too! The frosting, not so much. But I can make it better. And when I do, I will share that with you! Here's the recipe:

PINEAPPLE MANDARIN ORANGE CUPCAKES
Servings: 24
Points+: 4


Cake:
1 box white cake mix
1 15-oz can mandarin oranges, undrained
1/2 c. crushed pinapple

Frosting:
1 16-oz. container FF Cool Whip, softened
8 oz. FF cream cheese, softened
1 c. crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 c. marshmallow cream

Mix all of the cake ingredients and fill 24 cupcake pans filled with liners. Bake for 22 minutes at 350 degrees.

Mix all frosting ingredients together until well blended. Place in refrigerator to set up a bit.

After cupcakes have cooled, frost cupcakes. Enjoy!


The frosting was pretty runny, but it still tasted good! My niece really liked it! I think maybe adding some SF pudding mix might help to set this up a little bit. I will play around with it, perfect it, and report back to you. The cupcakes are delicious without the frosting, too. This way, they are only 3 pts.+.

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment