Friday, April 6, 2012

Vanilla Pudding Cookies & Cream Cookies


Wow. The weather did a complete turn around from yesterday. It didn't make it much past 60 today. I had no desire to try to plant something today. Maybe tomorrow, who knows. We did get some shopping done and I think we finally have everything that we'll need for the cruise. Eventually, you have to get to the point, that if you don't have it packed and with you on the trip, you'll buy it after you leave. I think we're pretty much there. Well, except for being packed. I don't like to do that too soon because then I end up running out of clothes to wear that aren't already packed!

I made the lighter fettuccine alfredo for dinner tonight. I didn't care much for it. So I had to come up with something else to share with you on the blog. I got these in an e-mail from one of the blogs that I follow and thought they sounded pretty good. I made a couple of tweeks to the recipe. Oh my, are they good! They have so many different flavors and textures going on at once. I think I will be fighting with myself not to eat them until they're gone! Here's the recipe:

VANILLA PUDDING COOKIES AND CREAM COOKIES
adapted from Plain Chicken
Servings: 55
Points+: 3


2 1/4 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 c. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temp
3/4 c. brown sugar, packed
3/4 c. granulated sugar
1 pkg. instant sugar free vanilla pudding mix
1 pkg. 100 calorie Oreo thin crisps
2 large eggs
2 t. vanilla extract
1 c. quick cooking oatmeal
5.55 oz. Hershey's Cookies & Cream candy bars

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Whisk flour, baking soda and salt together in a bowl. Set aside.

Cream the butter and both sugars with an electric mixer, scraping sides of bowl often. Mix in the pudding & Oreo thin crisps. Add the vanilla and eggs; beat until eggs are mixed in.

Add the flour mixture to the batter and stir until it is almost fully mixed in. Add oatmeal and continue stirring until flour disappears. Stir in candy bar.

Drop batter by tablespoons, spacing about 2 ½ inches apart, onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly brown. Transfer to cooling rack and cool completely.


EXERCISE
It was chilly all day. Since I didn't dress warm enough when we left the house this morning, I was cold most of the day. After we got home, I had no desire to go out into the cold for a run. I really think that it warmed up a bit and I finally went for a 3 mile run after dinner. It felt pretty good. I'm keeping my pace to right around 9 minutes. Today's run was a little better than that. The knee is still holding up, although, I really need to start icing it after my workouts. It's supposed to be warmer tomorrow, so maybe I'll go for another run. We'll have to wait and see!

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment