Sunday, April 8, 2012

Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries


I hope everyone had a wonderful and blessed Easter. I certainly did! It was a beautiful day here and I got to spend the whole day with many family members. I really do feel very blessed after a day like today. We had our traditional Easter dinner of baked ham, sweet potatoes and hash brown casserole. For dessert, we had pumpkin roll. Everything was so delicious! I decided to make some cheesecake stuffed strawberries for everyone to eat. I made the for the Super Bowl and everyone said how good they were, so I decided to try them again. They are so good and really not that hard to make. The most time consuming part is coring the strawberries. Sorry the pictures aren't the best. I didn't have the Rebel with me today. Here's the recipe:

CHEESECAKE STUFFED STRAWBERRIES
Servings: 6
Points+: 5


1 lb strawberries, cored
1 8-oz. pkg. 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
1 8-oz. container Cool Whip Free, thawed
1/2 c. Splenda
1 t. vanilla
2 sheets low fat graham crackers, crushed

Remove some of the filling of strawberries to create a good sized space to fill.

Combine remaing ingredients, except graham cracker crumbs, and beat with mixer until smooth. Pipe filling into strawberries. Chill about an hour to allow filling to set up. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over top of filled strawberries.


EXERCISE
Well, I set out for a run this afternoon, but shortly into it, turned around to go back. I just wasn't feeling it today. I kept thinking about everything that I needed to be working on and my heart just wasn't in it. So I went back and made the strawberries. I did to my yoga tonight. I did JM Yoga Meltdown - Level 1. You all know how I love my yoga on Sunday evenings! I'm planning to order Bob Harper's yoga workout tomorrow and hope to try it out later this week. I will let you know what I think of it.

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment