Thursday, April 12, 2012

Chili Cheese Mac


Today was such a great day! I'm trying to figure out a way that I can reach more people to talk to them about health and nutrition. There are so many different possibilities, I want to make sure that I choose the right one. I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to end up doing, but I made a couple of contacts today and I'm really hoping that one of them pans out. I can't wait until I get to tell you that something has actually come to fruition.

Dinner tonight was a new recipe. A friend of mine on the WW message board posted about this recipe and it sounded really good. So I knew I had to try it. It really reminds me of a sausage dip that we make, except this one uses ground beef instead. TC liked it. I think his exact quote was, "This is REALLY good!" He volunteered that without me having to ask him, and that's really saying something! Here's the recipe:

CHILI CHEESE MAC
adapted from Cooking Light
Servings: 6
Points+: 9


1 lb. extra lean ground beef
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. ground cumin
1 1/2 t. chili powder
2 c. FF, lower sodium beef broth
1 c. water
1 (10-oz) can mild diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
8 oz. uncooked elbow macaroni
1/2 c. skim milk
4 oz. reduced fat cream cheese
4 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Spray with olive oil cooking spray. Add beef and next 3 ingredients; cook until beef is cooked through. Add broth, water and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Stir in macaroni; cover and cook 10 minutes or until macaroni is done.

Heat milk and cream cheese in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook 4 minutes or until cheese melts, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in cheddar cheese. Add cheese sauce to macaroni mixture; toss well to coat.


EXERCISE
I finally got to do Bob Harper's yoga video tonight. Even though it was an hour long, it really didn't seem like it. I love that there is a countdown on the screen the whole time. I really like this video and I can't wait to see how I feel tomorrow! Hoping to be a little sore, but still be able to walk! Going to see Jimmy tomorrow to do something about these dark roots of mine!

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment