Thursday, April 5, 2012

Chiles Rellenos Casserole


Is everyone ready for the Easter Bunny? I think we have finally finished buying everything for Addison for Easter. It seems like everytime we go to the store, we find something else for her. Must be rough to be such a spoiled 2 year old! We went to see Addison at the park for her school's Easter egg hunt. I think most of the kids had a great time. Addison didn't want to go in the grass because she didn't want to get her feet wet. Can't really say I blame her!

I'm so glad that I don't have to go to work tomorrow. I'm ready for my three day weekend! I think we might get a little bit of shopping done tomorrow morning, then come home and plant something. Apparently, in the South, you are supposed to plant flowers or your garden on Good Friday. Who am I to fight tradition. Just have to figure out what we will be planting.

Dinner tonight was from my Cooking Light cookbook. This was a really good casserole. I think it could use a little more veggies. Next time, I will only use one can of the green chiles, but other than that, it was really good. Here's the recipe:

CHILES RELLENOS CASSEROLE
adapted from Cooking Light
Servings: 8
Points+: 6


1 lb. extra lean ground turkey
1 c. chopped onion
1 3/4 t. ground cumin
1 1/2 t. dried oregano
1/2 t. garlic powder
1/4 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
1 (16 oz) can FF refried beans
2 (4 oz) cans diced green chiles, drained
1 c. 2% colby cheese, shredded
1 c. frozen whole kernel corn, thawed and drained
1/3 c. flour
1/4 t. salt
1 1/3 c. FF milk
1/8 t. hot sauce (optional)
1 c. egg substitute

Cook turkey and onion in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Combine chicken mixture, cumin, and next 5 ingredients in a bowl. Stir well, and set aside.

Arrange half of green chiles in an 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Spoon mounds of meat & bean mixture onto chiles, and spread gently, leaving a 1/4-inch border around edge of dish; top with corn. Arrange remaining chiles over corn; top with remaining cheese. Set aside.

Combine flour and salt in a bowl; gradually add milk and hot sauce, stirring with a wire whisk until blended. Stir in eggs and egg whites; pour over casserole. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until set; let stand 5 minutes.


EXERCISE
I'm still trying to figure out what my exercise will be tonight. I did get to walk to the park and back earlier today, but I didn't work hard enough to really earn any activity points. I'm torn between JM Yoga Meltdown and one of my circuit workouts. We'll have to wait and see.

So long for today...

2 comments: