Friday, April 13, 2012

Faux Twice Baked Potatoes


Today was a busy, busy day. We headed out early so we could hit a couple of stores for returns/exchanges before my hair appt at 10:00. After getting beautified by Jimmy, I went to Target looking for more of Bob Harper's workout videos, but was disappointed when they didn't have any. So I ordered two more from Amazon. They should be here early next week. Can't wait to try them out. Even thought their a little bit longer, I don't mind. I love his style of training. He really motivates you, but in a much calmer way than Jillian. Not that there is anything wrong with Jillian's style! I still love her workouts, too! :)

On another note, I finally got the scale out of hiding today. I know I have a few more days until my official weigh-in, but I liked what I saw on the scale today. Hope I can make it stick around!

Dinner tonight was two new recipes. I made Island Grilled Chicken, which was good, but I didn't like it better than the Honey Lime Grilled Chicken that I make. I also made Faux Twice Baked Potatoes. The way I made them was ok, but they needed a little bit more flavor. Next time I make them, I'm going to add some bacon and cheese. I'm not sure why I didn't add it tonight, but I'll definitely remember for next time. I also tried making these in mini muffin tins, but it didn't turn out very well. I probably just needed to bake them a little longer to get the bottoms a little more crisp. Here's the recipe:

FAUX TWICE BAKED POTATOES
adapted from Ditch the Wheat
Servings: 6
Points+: 1


1 head cauliflower, steamed
1/4 c. FF half and half
1/4 c. FF greek yogurt
1 T. garlic salt
1 T. chives, dried
Parkay Spray Butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until smooth and creamy. I added enough spray butter just to add a little flavor. It's really your preference.

You can either pipe this in mounds onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, or spoon it onto the paper, whatever you prefer.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Enjoy!


EXERCISE
This morning, I was a little disappointed that I woke up with no soreness from doing Bob's yoga video last night. As the day went on, I wasn't necessarily "sore", but I can definitely feel it in my muscles. It's obvious they had a new workout. So I'm pretty happy with that. I try to alternate my strength training with my cardio workouts. Since I got the strength training from the yoga last night, I decided to stick with a 3 mile run today. I finally found the time and motivation to do this around 7:00 tonight. It took a lot to get me out the door, especially when I discovered my iPod was dead. But after a really quick charge, I hit the road. I can honestly say, I NEVER regret doing a workout.

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment