Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Creamy Macaroni & Cheese

I'm planting a garden this year! I've never had a garden before. Growing up, my dad always planted a pretty big garden. I liked to go out and help him out with it. He would till the garden with his tractor and my sister and I would follow behind him walking through the freshly tilled dirt. It was a lot of fun! So this year, I decided that I'm going to plant my own garden. We tilled up the area tonight and got most of it planted. So far, we have planted romaine lettuce, cucumbers, red and orange bell peppers, and zucchini. I still have to plant tomatoes and onions but that will have to wait for another day. I'm pretty excited about my garden. It's raining right now, too. So I'm hoping that will help it out! Can't wait to start harvesting produce!!

Tonight, we had burgers on the grill. I was hungry for them all day! I know I've probably told you before, but there is hardly anything that beats a fresh grilled hamburger. For a side, I made homemade macaroni and cheese. TC absolutely loves my macaroni and cheese. It's so creamy, plus I make mine with Velveeta which makes it even better! It's pretty easy, too which I think is just icing on the cake! Here's the recipe:


CREAMY MACARONI & CHEESE
Servings: 6
Points+: 6


1 T. butter
1 T. flour
1 c. skim milk
salt and pepper
4 c. cooked macaroni
4 oz. light Velveeta, cubed

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare macaroni according to package directions.

In a microwave safe bowl, heat butter in microwave until melted. Add flour and stir until smooth. Add milk and salt & pepper. And stir to combine as much as possible. Return to microwave and heat until butter/flour has melted and mixture has has started to thicken up. This should take about 3 - 4 minutes. Keep an eye on it and stir from time to time to keep from boiling over in microwave.

Add Velveeta cubes and return to microwave. Heat until Velveeta has melted and cheese sauce is smooth and creamy.

Spray 2 1/2 qt. baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Add cooked macaroni to baking dish, then pour cheese sauce over top and stir to distribute the cheese sauce.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 30 minutes, or until top turns golden brown.


EXERCISE
Addison was pretty late going to bed last night, so I only got to do half of Bob's ab workout. I know, on Biggest Loser, it's the season of no excuses, but I thought I had a pretty good one last night. So I made it halfway through and had to call it quits. I'm going to make it through the whole thing tonight though. Even if I have to stay up way past my bedtime, I will complete the whole ab workout tonight. No excuses!

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment