Monday, April 2, 2012

Beef & Broccoli


Wow! There is a ton of sodium in teriyaki sauce. This dinner was very good, in spite of all the sodium. Next time, I will make this with homemade teriyaki sauce. And I will definitely be making this again. TC made more than one comment about how good this was. At one point, he even said that this tasted as good as what you would get in a restaurant. What a great compliment! Here's the recipe:

BEEF & BROCCOLI
Servings: 4
Points+: 6


1 lb. london broil, thinly sliced, against the grain
1 lb. broccoli florets, steamed
1 T. cornstarch
1 T. olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 t. ground ginger
1/4 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
1/2 lb. baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
1/3 c. teriyaki sauce

In medium bowl, combine cornstarch, olive oil, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Add beef and toss to coat. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or over night.

Heat medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook until wilted, about 5 minutes. Remove mushrooms from skillet.

Increase heat to high. Add beef to skillet; stir-fry 2-3 minutes. Add broccoli, mushrooms and teriyaki sauce. heat through. Serve over bed of rice.


EXERCISE
Since, I didn't too too much exercise yesterday, I wanted to really get my heart rate up tonight, but without making muscles sore. I hate having to deal with lactic acid in my muscles on my weigh-in day. Since tomorrow is weigh-in, I needed to be careful tonight. So, I did JM Metabolism Boosting workout. This is always a good one to get my heart rate up!

I really hope this workout makes a difference. Last week, I was 1.2 lbs away from goal. I hope the sodium in the teriyaki sauce doesn't kill my weigh-in for tomorrow. Oh, that reminds me, I need to go drink another glass of water.

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment